Have you ever wanted to try parasailing? How cool does that sound? Soaring 800 feet above the ocean, a perfect view of the beach, the sun gleaming against your skin, and in the company of other fun adventurers? Heck, a once in a lifetime experience! :-) And sooooo, here's your chance!!!
I'm setting this Meetup to gauge interest. I called the Marina Del Rey office and If I can get a group of 6 or more, they'll offer the below deal:
- $75 rate per person for the Magnum Flight (800ft - most popular option) - normal rate is $85.
- For above deal, they require a $40 advanced deposit per person. I have no problem putting this on my card for the group, but will email Paypal info so you can pay me individually beforehand. Remainder of payment is in CASH.
- Timeframe is an hour and fifteen minutes - departure from dock and return to dock.
- Swimsuit wear is optional, you can be in street clothes if you prefer. We will launch/land at the back of the boat.
- Life jackets will be provided and the crew has strong swimmers.
- Parasailing is in group of 3.
- ***3/22 UPDATE - ALL 9 CONFIRMED ATTENDEES, PLEASE READ THIS SECTION. I got us a $70 rate for the Magnum Flight :-) That's a $15 saving, yay!!!. Timeslot is 10AM which, they tell me, offers magnificent views. We must ALL arrive at the dock by 9:30AM (1/2 an hour before getting on boat). The parasailing office is right behind the El Torito Grill restaurant. Park your cars in the restaurant lot and the office will validate (up to 2 hours).
As of 3/22, RSVP is now closed.
AS OF 4/23 = DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED FOR LATER THIS SUMMER.
At this time, the idea is that after our fun at sea, we'll go have lunch together. Since this date falls on Cinco De Mayo, the venue will have a Mexican theme, some tequila, and me wearing the biggest sombrero hat I can find :-)