March 30, 2013 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
HIKE TO SANDSTONE PEAK
SANTA MONICA MOUNTAINS IN MALIBU
LUNCH AT REEL INN FRESH FISH MARKET IN MALIBU
Don't wait until summer hits to decide to get into shape!
Get a great workout in. Burn off those extra calories, all while enjoying some of the best views in all of Los Angeles!
- 6-7 mile rt loop
- Difficulty Level - Intermediate. If you are at least somewhat physically active, you should be able to do this hike. It's up to you to know you're own fitness ability and limits. If you are sedentary, please email before signing up. We will not be turning around for people who are struggling.
- Consistently ranked as one of the best and most scenic hikes in Los Angeles
- Highest point in the Santa Monica mountains. Noted this not for difficulty, but to show how beautiful the views will be!
- Elevation Gain: approximately 1100 feet
- Free parking lot
- GPS: 34° 6′ 35.75″ N 118° 56′ 14.63″ W
- We will stop to eat snacks along the trail
- A mixture of shaded and unshaded trails
- Directions: Coming
SOME OF THE KEY POINTS OF INTEREST WE'LL SEE ALONG THE HIKE:
- Inspiration Point - here there is a journal that visitors can sign
- Balanced Rock
- Split Rock
- Climbing Walls
- Views of Los Angeles, including Catalina Island, Pacific Coast, Channel Islands
WHAT TO BRING:
- LOTS of ice cold water!!! Unless you're a camel, at least 36 ounces, but I would bring more.
- Food and snacks
- Comfortable hiking attire. No jeans, nylon pants, flip flops. Yeah you'd be surprised!
- Hiking/Trail shoes/boots/socks recommended, but not mandatory
If you don't make it in this event, don't worry as I will be doing this hike a couple more times in the upcoming months.
This event is open to 10 members (5 guys and 5 girls). If the event is full, I strongly suggest adding your name to the wait list just in case members cancel. Depending on interest, I will consider opening this event up to additional members. No +1s please. Members who have been supporting my events will have priority.
Due to the high number of flakes I've been encountering, I now have a zero tolerance policy. If you have a change of plans, please update your RSVP to "Not Attending" or email me at least 48 hours from event date so that others have time to join. Those who do not do so, will be removed from this MeetUp group.
Should you be removed from this MeetUp group and would like to be reinstated, please feel free to email me. In most cases, I will have no problems reinstating a member if that member reaches out to me.
Also, those members who consistently RSVP for events and cancel, run the risk of being removed from this MeetUp group.