February 10, 2013 · 8:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
SANTA MONICA STAIRS!
LUNCH AT TBD LOCATION
- Do you want to improve your cardiovascular strength and endurance?
- Do you want to burn fat?
- Do you want to tone your abs, legs and butt?
- Do you want a challenging, but fun workout?
- Do you believe in the "No Pain, No Gain" fitness ideology?
If you answered yes to the above, then this workout is a must for you!
The Santa Monica Stairs is not a place for large groups, so I'm limiting this event to 6 members (3 guys and 3 girls). If the event is full, I strongly suggest you add your name to the wait list just in case members cancel. Don't worry if you miss this event. As the weather cools, I will be planning more of these workouts!
Due to the high number of flakes I've been encountering, I now have a zero tolerance policy. If you have a change of plans, please update your RSVP to "Not Attending" or email me. Those who do not do so, will be automatically removed from this MeetUp group.
Should you be removed from this MeetUp group and would like to be reinstated, please feel free to email me. In most cases, I will have no problems reinstating a member if that member reaches out to me.
Also, those members who consistently RSVP for events and cancel, run the risk of being removed from this MeetUp group.
We will meet up at 8:30am sharp to avoid crowds and easier parking.
- During the workout, we will stick together as a group or feel free to go at your own pace.
- This is not a guys only workout spot. You will be surprised at the high number of girls who use the stairs. I would estimate the guy to girl ratio to be about 60/40.
- Please bring lots of ice cold water!!!
- Please bring sunscreen
- There are two sets of stairs. The wooden set is the main set of stairs. The concrete set, pictured below, is the secondary set. Most people use the wooden set for the ascent and walk or run to the concrete set (about a half block away) as the decent, making a loop.
- Stair etiquette - single file lines on the stairs. Do not walk side by side next to your friend gossiping. The people who come to the stairs are there to workout, not for a walk in the park.