Asian Groupting Message Board › More details on the proposed weekend trip to Las Vegas

More details on the proposed weekend trip to Las Vegas

Jay
user10857267
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
Hello everyone

I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to follow up with an idea I put out last week on taking a group trip to Las Vegas which got a much larger response than I expected. I have been to Las Vegas many times back and forth but never actually coordinated a large group trip out there. On the one hand I know the area and places in Las Vegas very well so I have cool places in mind to take the group such as the Oyster Bar (crab and clam chowder and oysters, yummm). But on the other hand, everyone has individual preferences and different taste in activities, different budget on what they can spend, and different times they can make the trip. Since I'm taking point, I'll start off by first throwing out my suggestions and preferences and we'll decide as a group on planning the trip. Sounds ok with everyone? Here are my suggestions

• We'll leave Friday night and come back Sunday afternoon or night.
    We'll leave either Friday, April 16 or Friday, April 30
  • We'll have 4 ladies and 4 guys staying at the Palazzo hotel in separate rooms. The standard rooms are suites and can easily accomodate 4 ppl. The weekend promotion rates I can find will be about $200 a night per room. This comes out to a$100 a person for both nights. These suites are extremely luxurious, new, and comfortable so I think the price is great for what you are getting.
  • We'll watch a show as a group. My suggestions or either Le Reve or Jersey Boys. One is a acrobatic water show and the other is a critically acclaimed musical show. The tickets will range from $90 to $130 a person depending on what we choose and how many tickets we buy.
  • We can either carpool with at least 2 cars (my car will take 3 other ppl) or we can cruise together in a large rental to go as a group. The rental should cost about $30-$40 a person with full insurance in case of any damage to the car. Otherwise, splitting the gas should be about $20 a person.

Those are the core items I wanted to lay out for now. So for hotel and transportation, we are looking at spending about $130 per person for 3 days and 2 nights. Add on another $100 for the show. This may look a bit pricey but keep in mind we are staying at one of the most unique and best places in Las Vegas. Since I will have to make reservations for the hotel, show ticket, and possibly rental once I get the exact amount, I will need payment upfront by everyone who is committed to making the trip. Also that way we will make sure everyone is committed to going which makes if fun for the whole group.

I will ask the group that we all stick together. The point of this trip is to bond and make closer connections as a group so we all have to agree on activites. Here are some ideas I'll just put out there and see who can refute or add to it

• Oyster bar at the palace station
  • Just one buffet at the Wynn hotel
  • Tao club
  • Shopping at Fashion mall or the new outlet further north
  • Group poker lessons in the suites and than playing poker at the Wynn as a group
  • ATV riding on Saturday morning before it gets too hot
  • Shooting full automatic guns at the outdoor range

As you can see, there are plenty of fun activities to do as a group in Las Vegas. Everyone who is seriously interested, I encourage you to respond to this thread so we can set our plan sooner than later.

Thanks everyone

Jay

Jay
user10857267
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
I changed both the date and the price for the Las Vegas trip. I moved it out to the holiday weekend on May 28. That way, when we get back on Sunday we'll have Monday off to recover from the trip. As for the price, I changed it from a five star hotel at over $100 a person for both nights to a four star hotel costing only $45 a person for both nights. South Point hotel is no Encore hotel but for the price, it is well worth it. South Point hotel is a very pleasant hotel with tons of amenities including a bowling alley and a full movie theater and the hotel is only a short drive from the strip. Since we'll be driving, getting to the other hotels to watch a show will not be a problem.

If you want to have a fun packed weekend in Las Vegas over the holiday weekend, please RSVP as early as possible along with your payment of $45. The sooner I close in on who is coming, I can start to plan out the carpooling as well as all the other activities to be done out there in Las Vegas.

Jay
user10857267
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 8
We are now at full capacity at 4 guys and 4 ladies for our weekend trip to Las Vegas. This trip should be a great opportunity for the 8 of us to know each other better and share some lasting memories together. At this point, there are 3 important items on the table in order to make this trip as smooth as possible for the whole group. These items are

1. Transportation
We have one car that can fit four people. If anyone has a SUV or minivan, and would like to volunteer to drive, the rest of us will cover the cost of gas. Otherwise, we will have a second ride to transport the rest of the group. In either case, I think it is only fair that everyone except the car owners will split the gas expenses for the round trip.

2. Activities
I need to know from each person what sorts of group activities you are interested in. We may break off and do separate things occasionally (one person plays poker and another person sits by the pool) but I want us to always dine together and do at least 2 activities as a group together. So please provide at least 2 suggestions on group activities along with the estimated price per person for this activity. Please consider your personal budget as you put your list together. I will make a collective decision based on all your recommendations. For example, some group activities I looked into were

- 6 hour ATV tour for $138 per person ($50 off special so normally $188)
You will learn how safely ride an ATV from an instructor, do a 2.5 hour guided off-road ATV adventure through the desert, and drive to the top of a mesa to see a panoramic view of Lake Mead
- Catch a Russell Peters comedy show for $50 a person
This guy is hilarious!
- Watch the Le Reve show at the Wynn for $100 a person
- Outdoor shooting with full automatic weapons

Remember that these are only my personal recommendations are are subject to change depending on each person's budgets

For a full listing of activites in Las Vegas, you can go to http://www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas/play/­.

3. Personal budget
In order to stay together as a group for dining out as well as the group activities, I will need to get an estimate of individual budgets for a proper assessment. I will be sending out an email to everyone so please reply with an estimate of your budget.

As we get closer to the date, I will be finalizing our plans for the trip based on everyone's feedback. I will also keep everyone posted with all the details.

Jay

Jay
user10857267
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 9
Rather than waiting to put together one long update, I will be providing a series of quick updates on our weekend trip to Las Vegas

1. Transportation
Our transportation uncertainty has been resolved. We will have two rental cars fully paid for by both Paul and I including full rental insurance coverage. Everyone else going on this trip will not need to pay but we do ask that the members cover at least the cost of gas for the entire round trip.

2. Hotel accomodations
It is a good thing we reserved our hotel rooms early. I checked today and the rates went up 23% since we reserved our rooms.

3. Activities
I am still looking through some options for group activities and will get back to everyone with my decision. My primary concern at this point is each person's budget. But since the car rentals have been covered by the organizers, we should be able to spend more on activities.
Jay
user10857267
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 11
A quick update on our weekend trip to Las Vegas

1. Activities
Las Vegas show on Saturday, May 29 at 9:30 PM
I found 50% off tickets to the Jersey Boys show at the Palazzo hotel. These tickets are so good that we will be seated in the front orchestra seats! The tickets normally go for over $150 but I can get them for approximately $100. This critically acclaimed theater production is a must see and I want us to take advantage of these deeply discounted prices. For more details, check out here.

Las Vegas comedy show on Sunday, May 30 at 9:00 PM
Russell Peters is one of the funniest comedians and his act is a must see on our last day of the trip there. The price per ticket is $49.50 and will be well worth checking out. For more information, check out here.
Jay
user10857267
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 13
Trip outline (will fill out more in detail as I gather more ideas)

Friday, May 28, 2010

• 8:00 PM
    Meet at carpool location (TBD)
  • 8:30 PM
    Leave for Las Vegas in two separate cars
  • 1:30 AM
    Check in at the hotel
  • Rest of the night???
    Sleep / play some poker / Get some happy juice at the bar to fall asleep

Saturday, May 29, 2010

• 8:30 AM (Very optional depending on amount of sleep deprivation / poor sleeping habit)
    Have group breakfast
  • Until 3 PM
    Lay by the pool / Hotel spa / More poker
    Basically whatever you want to do in the confines of the hotel which by the way has many amenities
  • 3 PM
    Drive over to the Wynn hotel
  • 4 PM
    Early dinner buffet at the Wynn hotel
  • Between 6:00 PM to 10:30 PM
    Watch the Jersey Boys at the Palazzo hotel
  • After 10:30 PM (TBD)
    The night is very young
    All ideas are welcome

Sunday, May 30, 2010

• 8:30 AM (Even more optional than the one on Saturday likely due to even worse sleep deprivation / same poor sleeping habit)
    Have group breakfast
  • 1:00 PM
    Drive to Palace Station and have lunch at the Oyster bar
  • 3 PM
    Go to the new outlet and go shopping
  • 6 PM
    Have dinner at Burger King
    They have plenty of $1.00 menu items
  • 7 PM
    Prepare for our long ride home