Enjoy the great outdoors? In your 20's, 30's or 40's? Want to get to know Ontario better? Looking for like-minded friends? You have arrived. AOET is for Asians and other Canadians looking to do some hiking, canoeing /kayaking, camping, skiing/snowboarding or any other fun outdoor activities. (Click Join Now)
Know yourself and your limits!
Please note that our organizers are not trained guiding professionals nor emergency rescue workers. Going out with us is similar to going out with your friends.
We all have fun; however, we all are responsible for ourselves and need to take the same precautions as if going out with any group of friends. We will try to classify all of our activities and provide full descriptions. You need to read them and judge for yourself whether the activity is suitable for you and your ability/experience.
Be honest with yourself. Not all of our activities will be suitable to you. The organizer and assistant organizers are not responsible for you. YOU are responsible for you!
* Proper use and knowledge of all appropriate safety equipment
- Life jackets are to be worn, not sat on
- Where safety helmets on your head
- Always have water and sunscreen on hand
* Always pay attention to our surroundings
* Stay on marked trails
Respect Mother Nature
* We pack out all our garbage
* We will not remove any items from the trails or the parks. You can purchase items from park stores :)
Respect for each other
* Respect your fellow members or you will be removed. No exceptions.
* If you RSVP to attend an outing, please respect that decision and the rest of group by showing up or cancel by the cut off date indicated in the event description (if no cut off date is listed then at least 48 hours prior to the event). I keep track and will remove those in violation at my discretion.
Fees and Costs
* There are currently no membership fees to join this group.
* In general, event costs and payments to third party vendors will be remitted directly to them. And these payment may be required in advance to secure your spot.
* From time to time, we may host events and ask for a nominal donation to support a not-for-profit charity such the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
* Carpool fees will be recommended each trip based on distance for those who needs or want carpooling.
Want to become a member? Click here!
Organizers need to be able to identify you at events or for carpooling. So, to avoid your membership request for being declined (or delayed), ensure you complete your profile:
* answer all profile questions and be descriptive (avoid one word/short, smart-alex responses)
* have a proper "English" name (avoid aliases like "Hiking Queen, Sunflower as well as Chinese or other non-English fonts)
* have a profile picture clearing showing your face (avoid group shots, dark/poorly lit or anything that masks your face)
All right, let's go out and have some fun!
- - -
1,517 Taiwanese Culture Enthusiasts
2,794 Friends (友)
7,687 Toronto Adventurers
5,534 Torontonians & global friends