I have decided to make a few format changes to some of the meet-ups, these are based on the feed back I got on the new types of meet-ups that were introduced this year.A: From Coffee and Conversation to Wine and Wisdom
Food and Fiction
- The Coffee and Conversations meet-up are being replaced by a new format of the meet-up called Wine and Wisdom.
- The Wine and Wisdom meet-ups will also be informal get-together once a month, people can drop in and out and drop in at any time they wish. There will be no strict RSVP rules, for these meet-ups and you can decide to come or drop out at the last minute if you wish.
- The Wine and Wisdom meet ups will be on the 5th of every month , whichever day of the week this falls. Many people could not make it to regular Tuesday meet-up as they had other more interesting things to do on that day of the week.
- There will be no nominated book to read for this meet-up, however a topic or theme will be chosen for the evening. The topic is only meant to be a conversation starter, the discussion will be free format and can be about anything and everything.
- For the next few months, we will continue to meet at the Coal Hole on the Strand, but as it gets warmer we will move out of the subterranean venue and come up above ground perhaps to an Al-Fresco pub.
- At these Wine and Wisdom meet-ups having wine is not mandatory, you can still have coffee if you prefer.
- The First of these new format meet-ups has already been set-up for the 5th of March.
- To meet the demand from members for a wider selection of books to read, I am introducing another format of meet-up called Food and Fiction. This meet-up is meant for small group book discussion.
- These meet-ups will have a maximum of 6 people and the meet-ups will usually be on week-day in the evenings.
- The Food and Fiction meet-ups will be at a restaurant with dinner.
- Any members who has a burning desire to read and discuss a specific book can set-up a Food and Fiction meet-up. They should give at least a month's notice, they should pick a a restaurant and make a booking.
- As these meet-ups are for small groups, restricted to 6 members, members should RSVP for these only if they are definitely planning to attend.
- The first of the Food and Fiction meet-up has been set-up for the 27th March,