Book Club - Asian Authors/Books about Asia Message Board › Asian Book Club group looking for more members

Asian Book Club group looking for more members

Shohidur R.
user 42734152
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi, if anyone is interested I've pasted an email below that I received about an Asian Bookclub meetup called Booktails that's currently meeting once a month in Soho. They're looking to expand their members - so if you haven't got enough reading matter yet, it might be for you!

Hi All

It was good meeting you all on Monday. Sorry for the delay in replying back with the details of Booktails. You can either send search for it on Facebook or here is a link to the group:

If you are not on Facebook then I can email the details of our monthly events.
Below are the list of books we are reading for this year
1. January - Black Album by Hanif Kureishi
2. February - Untouchable by Mulk Raj Anand
3. March - River of Smoke by Amitav Ghosh.
4. April – Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
5. May - Last Man in the Tower by Aravind Adiga
6. June – Narcopolis by Jeet Thayil
7. July – First Light (Protom Alo) By Sunil Gangopadhyay
We will be voting for the rest of the books for the year at a later time, So let us know if you have any recommendations and any recommendations for venues. We are currently looking for different venues in London and we generally have Booktails on the last Tuesday of every month.

Booktails for this month is Untouchable and will be held on Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 6pm at the Sacred Café 13 Ganton St. Soho, London. We are probably going to be in the basement floor as there is more space.
Please forward this information on to other who you would be interested in a book group with a south Asian theme.

Hopefully see you next Tuesday or at the next talk at SOAS.