Book Club - Asian Authors/Books about Asia Message Board › Meetup details changed: Meet the Author & Food and Fiction - Neel Mukerjee
I've updated this Meetup.
And here are the essential details of this meet up.
1. This meet-up is primarily to celebrate the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year. We will celebrate this by sitting in the Veranda of an Iranian/Afghani restaurant from 5:30pm until the Sun goes down at 9:21pm. The length of the day is 16 hours 38 minutes.
2. The first part 5:30pm -7:30 pm will be a Shisha session (for those of us who like this kind of thing) and a book discussion.
3. The book being discussed will be Neel Mukerjee’s – A Life Apart – A brilliant book , I should add , I have read about half and it quite gripping. It will provide plenty of fodder for discussion.
4. Dinner starts at 7:30 pm. The Author Neel Mukerjee will join us for the meal. This would be the opportunity for people who have read the book ask questions such as “How do you know so much about the courting rituals of the gay community”.
5. The dinner by default will be a set menu, at a cost of £22 per head, this set menu is a selection of exotic dishes from the region and they will keep bring then through the evening. If you prefer not to have the set menu and want to order you own a la carte disk that can be accommodated on an exceptional basis.
6. The restaurant is BYO, so feel free to bring any alcoholic drink you may wish to consume.
7. Place for dinner has to be pre-booked , latest by Wednesday 19th at 10pm. So please send me a separate email/text if you wish to be included in the dinner list.
8. And as always please update your RSVP to make sure the list of attendees to the event is closer to reality if really helps if we the number that we have expecting is close to the numbers that turn up.
9. The restaurant is in East London, near Mile end , tube station.
For more details, see the full listing:
When: Saturday, June 22, 2013 5:30 PM
2 Midlothian Road, (near Mile End) E3 4SE