Asians and the city! Message Board › Must Read: Standards of Conduct
Hi Fellow Asians in the City,
I'm James and I'm the Standards Chair. As part of our effort to ensure our meetup group is a safe and enjoyable time for all members, I have codified a list of rules for which all members must adhere. Infractions can result in disciplinary action being taken by the leadership team, up to and including being banned from the group.
These codes of conduct have been approved by the leadership team, including our organizer Tracy. Members bringing guests to meetup events are responsible for ensuring their guests behave accordingly.
Standards of Conduct
1. Only RSVP for events if you are reasonably sure you can make it. This is especially important for events where reservations and/or group discounts are needed.
2. Do not sign up for an event and then not attend without explanation. If you have to miss an event due to unexpected emergencies, please try to cancel at least 2 hours prior and leave an explanation either before or after the event. If you RSVP for an event and don't show up without explanation, you will receive a warning by email. If this occurs three times, you will be banned from the group.
3. Do not act rude, insensitive, or mean to people during events. Treat everyone with respect.
4. Do not act bossy toward others about how events should be run or planned.
5. Please bring enough money to pay your own way at events. Do not ask to borrow money or ask others to pay for you.
6. Do not harass other members in any fashion before, during, or after events.
7. Do not do anything illegal or ask others to commit illegal acts before, during, or after events.
8. Do not try to hit on other people's boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses/significant others. This includes harmless flirting with individuals you do not know well.
9. Know your limits. We encourage everyone to have fun but do not go so wild that it could cause you to break property and/or harm people.
10. Do not harm other people's pets.
This has been a successful meetup group thus far and we would like to keep it that way. These standards of conduct will hopefully prevent issues threatening that success.
Have a fun and safe week!
|A former member||
Nice rules list, Jim!
My personal fav is #10.