addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Astoria and Manhattan Wine & Social Message Board › New Meetup: Organic Wine in Kelly's Back Yard in Astoria (29th and Ditmars)

New Meetup: Organic Wine in Kelly's Back Yard in Astoria (29th and Ditmars)

Kelly
user 7028297
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Announcing a new Meetup for Astoria Wine & Social!

What: Organic Wine in Kelly's Back Yard in Astoria (29th and Ditmars)
When: Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:00 AM

Price: $15.00 per person

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

By popular demand, I have been told I need to have a pot luck wine meetup in my back yard.

In light of the "outdoor" event, I have already purchased the organic (and if needed Australian) wine, and depending on how many people come we will drink all of it!

Deal

You bring something to eat for 10 and a couple really good jokes.

Some kind person offers to come an hour early to help move my tables, chairs and couches outside, and another offers to move them back into the house with me. I have a total of 13 chairs, a porch and three couches that can be moved outside so we should have enough for 20 or so.

I bring the wine (hence the fee), my food for 10, wine glasses, paper plates, and tableware, the gas for the grill, clean my house, hide my cats, and get someone to help me move my furniture outside, and then back in when we are done.

If you want to bring picnic blankets, chairs and picnic baskets you can, and can pretend you are in a private park (pretend as there is a big building behind my yard). If it rains, we will hang inside my house. I'd offer up the slip slide thing on the grass as I do have a hose, but you may careen into my tomatoes or my rose bushes and that might not be so pleasant! If you have a car, parking is about 1/2 block away on the street.

Only trick is that at 11pm we will go to a nearby (and one of the best in Astoria) wine bar for those of us remaining so to let my neighbors sleep! If you have any other ideas send them along, but know that the wine is already purchased. I will post the wines in a week or so....just to tease you! See you then!

Check it out!