addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Atheist Community of San Jose Message Board › Jehovah's Wittnesses came to my door today

Jehovah's Wittnesses came to my door today

Lyn C
user 102089592
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
and left me a note titled "Truth," regarding a three day convention from July 19th-21st in Santa Clara.

This resulted in me joining this group.

I personally don't appreciate door to door religion pushing and would like to carry that message to them, but unsure what the best way to do that is.

So did anyone else get this invitation to the convention? This is actually the second time this weekend that Christians came to my door to convert me and I am very frustrated and tired of it.
Lyn C
user 102089592
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 3
I personally don't appreciate door to door religion pushing and would like to carry that message to them, but unsure what the best way to do that is.
I was thinking maybe if some would join me we could hold up a sign outside that said "you invited us to come, and next time you don't have to." or "please don't knock on our doors Saturday morning" something like that. Something polite yet to the point. Maybe we could contact the media and let them know of our polite message. Get people interested in joining atheist clubs maybe?
Susan M.
SusanMcL
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 38
I love that idea, Lyn! Are you coming to the meeting this Wednesday? (July 24) It's at the Round Table Pizza at 1220 Oakmead Parkway, Sunnyvale, about 150 feet east of Lawrence Expressway. Take 101 to Lawrence, go south on Lawrence, and Oakmead is the first left. If you come to the meeting, we can put it to the group and see what they say.
Lyn C
user 102089592
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 4
Just confirmed my RSVP. I will definitely bring it up at the meeting and bring the flyer I received. I look forward to meeting everybody!
A former member
Post #: 201
I loved it when they came to my house! They even said they would be back...that was a long time ago now.
http://www.meetup.com...­
Stephanie H.
user 93895732
Campbell, CA
Post #: 1
Jehovah's Witnesses have maps where they mark houses as to the likelihood of occupant conversion so they know where to spend future efforts. (My grandparents were JWs and I got dragged around on a bunch of their stuff as a small child...) So, when JWs came to my house a few years ago, I told them that I was aware that they kept track of the houses where they stop. I asked them to simply mark our house as a "no" because we were a content atheist family. The guy went a little wacko on me, as if he had met the devil. But it had the desired effect. They have not been back. Even when I see them knocking on a neighbor's door, they do not knock on ours. Cheers!
Lyn C
user 102089592
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 5
The guy went a little wacko on me, as if he had met the devil. But it had the desired effect.
That experience would be a little too much for me. I personally don't like to open my door to anyone I don't know, especially when I am home alone. But it seems like every church within 2 miles has knocked on my door since I moved into my house. My block is a prime location for people peddling anything.