add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Athens MongoDB User Group Message Board › HTML5 & JavaScript by Wesley Hales - a review by Stelios Kontarinis

HTML5 & JavaScript by Wesley Hales - a review by Stelios Kontarinis

Thanasis E.
user 70475862
Group Organizer
Athens, GR
Post #: 5
Hi all,

here is Stelios Kontarinis' review on HTML5 & JavaScript by Wesley Hales:

One of the main prerequisites is that you're already familiar to HTML and JavaScript and that you currently have a website which looks decent on a desktop, laptop or mobile but you want to make it faster, lightweight and more beautiful.

Apparently, I haven't kept up to date with the HMTL5 advances, especially around the mobile world and, therefore, the future of the technology is all new to me. This book makes the future look pretty good and interesting.

At around 150 pages, it doesn't take long to read it, while the author wants you to understand the HTML5 concepts
in different environments, i.e. mobile, desktop, tablets etc. It provides a general approach of what is going on in each environment, giving a few small examples in order to start you up on how each one works now.

This book is actually targeted at beginners who have basic knowledge of programming with a not so wide technical background and I think it does an exceptional job in addressing this audience. The approach is perhaps the gentlest introduction to web programming concepts that I've ever encountered. In fact, it's so gentle that I think that almost anyone could pick this book up and start creating simple websites using HTML5 and JavaScript.

If you're an experienced web developer, you may want to pass it on, since it will probably sound far too basic. However, if you're looking for a good book that introduces web development to beginners who possess basicHTML4 and JavaScript experience while missing the server-side programming part, then this is a great book to start with.