Athens MongoDB User Group Message Board › How are things in the Athens MUG

How are things in the Athens MUG

Laura C.
czajkowski
London, GB
Post #: 8
Hi Folks,

It's me Laura the community manager here in EMEA, just checking in to say hi and see how I can help you with the organising of you MUG. If you had a MUG event recently how did it go? I love to see pictures, if you send them to me I will tweet them out and say hi to your community. It'd be lovely to share experiences of MUGs, if you blog the events and post the slides of the talk please just send me a mail after the event and I'll be sure to share it also for you.

If you would like to pehahps host a MUG in the future, how can I help, do you need assistance in setting it up? Sorting out a venue or perhaps you need a speaker? We do have MongoDB engineers throughout EMEA, and I know many would love to give a talk in your group. I'm here to help you and if you want I'll happily have a skype/Hangout call with you to see how we can grow the MongoDB community!

Thanks Folks

Laura
Thanasis E.
user 70475862
Group Organizer
Athens, GR
Post #: 8
Hi Laura,

first of all, welcome to our group and thank you for your interest! :-)

As you may have noticed, our group is currently kind of inactive as we haven't met during the summer holidays.
In fact, we would be really interested in having a MongoDB engineer joining us and presenting to the group. This is actually something that I've been trying to arrange with 10gen for a few months now, but I didn't have the expected response. It seems that 10 gen (or MongoDB now) is willing to send a engineer only if my or some company around Athens is willing to pay for some multi-day training. This is something I honestly understand as it is cost-efficient, it's just not what I expected when I read at your site "(Our company can) send a MongoDB staff member to present at the most active and engaged groups at least once per year".

So, it is a bit disappointing that 10gen doesn't think we're active enough or that we (Athens/Greece) are not that big of a market after all.

In any case, we're really thankful for the swag you've sent us from time to time and for the rest of the support.

Maybe we meet at the next meetup then,
Thanasis

Laura C.
czajkowski
London, GB
Post #: 20
Hi Thanasis

Thank you very much for the feedback. Perhaps we should plan an MUG in the coming months and I'll see how we can help at this end. I'm free most days to have a skype call so I can help you plan the event and how best to grow the MUG.

I know we try and send a MongoDB engineer to the events if possible and if not I'll try and send a MongoDB Master who is a skilled and experienced MongoDB Community developer. Let me know what day you're free so we can discuss further.

Thanks again for the feedback, lets grow the community in Athens :)