ALT.NET Atlanta Pragmatic Programmers Message Board › RETIRED FORUM: ALT.NET Atlanta Pragmatic Programmers Discussion Forum › May 24th webinar: Preparing for the Mobile Payments Revolution
Register today for Pyramid’s May 24th webinar: Preparing for the Mobile Payments Revolution >> http://ow.ly/4XleI...
Preparing for the Mobile Payments Revolution
The Mobile Payments hype has been building tremendously in recent months toward the emergence of smartphone wallets and mobile payments. Consider these recent examples:
• January 2011: Starbucks announces a national rollout of a program that allows consumers to access the $1.5 billion in balances on Starbucks prepaid cards using a smartphone app that displays a 2D barcode that is scanned at the point of sale.
• February 2011: eBay reveals during its Analyst Day presentation that it is actively planning for the use of its more than 94 million active PayPal accounts at the physical point of sale.
• March 2011: At the press conference to announce the launch of iPad 2, Steve Jobs provides insight into the company’s payments capabilities. He boasts that through iTunes and its other online stores, Apple now has more than 200 million credit cards on file.
Are you ready for mobile payments? What exactly is ‘mobile payment’ and how can it help your business to reduce its payment processing costs? How can it help increase sales and customer loyalty?
Join Pyramid Consulting to hear from Andrew Morris, CEO and Founder of Morris Advisors, Inc., an independent management consultancy specializing in alternative payments, mobile financial services, mobile retailing, and emerging payments trends, as he shares key strategies of best-in-class mobile applications, including how to:
• Tap into new revenue opportunities with mobile payments while decreasing costs
• Invest in mobile product management;
• Recognize that mobile commerce places an even higher premium on reliability
• Understand that testing in the mobile space is different.
• Test a company’s mobile site from the perspective of the end-users
• Deliver a mobile site tailored to the capabilities of the device a customer uses