ALT.NET Atlanta Pragmatic Programmers Message Board › Job Opportunities › Senior Software Engineer (.NET) Norcross, GA
|A former member||
Cambridge Investment Research - Atlanta, GA
Do you have big dreams?
Are you full of ambition?
Is an ordinary job not enough?
As one of the nation's leading independent broker-dealers, Cambridge Investment Research Inc. continues to seek qualified and talented professionals. By becoming an essential member of the Cambridge team, you will be part of a versatile group of skilled professionals with technical depth and best-practice experience.
Cambridge is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong OO experience. The ideal candidate will have strong experience using the following in the code they write: the SOLID principles, Gang-of-Four patterns, domain-driven design, layered and SOA architectures. The ideal candidate will also have experience with agile development practices like test-driven development and continuous integration. They will have a generally broad knowledge of existing software development tools, and possesses a strong motivation and aptitude for evaluating and learning new technologies and methodologies.
• Perform application development for core applications which employ the skills and principles listed above.
• Contribute to the design and development of our proprietary application framework.
• Participate in design reviews to ensure functional, performance and scalability requirements are met.
• Conduct code reviews ensuring good coding standards and best practices are followed.
• Use Unit Testing for your development work to ensure code meets functional requirements.
• Follow the Test Driven Development (TDD) practices.
• Resolve application defects reported by support and quality assurance.
• Mentor other developers in the organization with architecture, design and coding skills.
• Consult with business analysts, domain experts, and other employees to clarify specification and design issues.
• Write documentation to describe application functional or technical specifications.
• Follow established development methodologies, architectures and coding standards outlined by the company.
• Review the work of peers to ensure consistency and quality.
• Provide status updates of development activities.
• Participate effectively within the Agile/Scrum methodology
Professional Skills required:
• Strong experience in the following:
- OOAD, layered architectures, design patterns (Gang-of-Four or Martin Fowler’s “Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture”, the SOLID principles, domain-driven design) and UML
- n-Tier architecture, OR/M tools (NHibernate preferred), Dependency Injection tools (Spring.NET preferred)
- Agile development practices including test-driven development and continuous integration. Experience with mocking tools a plus
- WCF and SOA architecture
- C#.NET and Microsoft web technologies (ASP.NET MVC preferred)
- relational databases and programming, preferably SQL Server.
• Must have good communication skills, be a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
• Demonstrated motivation and aptitude for learning new technologies. Must be able to learn new development tools and methodologies on the fly.
Education/ Experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related field and at least 8 years work experience in software engineering.
• Microsoft Certified Profession Developer desired
Why Cambridge? At Cambridge, you control the journey by joining a growing, fast-paced company that will help you build a career beyond your expectations. You will be more than just a number at Cambridge - just ask our employees! We were recognized as a Best of Iowa Business 2010 for supporting work-life balance.
• Company Values – Commitment, Integrity, Flexibility and Kindness
• Technical innovation – be part of a company that recognizes the critical importance of technology to our success and promote technical innovation as part of our leadership position in our industry
• Excel at your strengths - Be part of a mature Scrum/Agile team approach to software development that allows you to excel at what you do best
• Mentoring & Development - Advance your career through our technical mentoring program that is personalized to your goals, and an extensive in-house training program to develop your professional skills
• Stability – join a stable privately-owned company in business for 30 years, nationally recognized in its industry with an 18-member executive team averaging 20 years industry experience and no reduction in workforce in over 10 years
Apply here: http://www.indeed.com...