ALT.NET Atlanta Pragmatic Programmers Message Board › Job Opportunities › Senior Software Engineer, Architect (.NET) - Norcross, GA
|A former member||
Cambridge Investment Research - Norcross, GA
Do you have big dreams?
Are you full of ambition?
Is an ordinary job not enough?
As one of the nation's leading independent broker-dealers, Cambridge Investment Research Inc. continues to seek qualified and talented professionals. By becoming an essential member of the Cambridge team, you will be part of a versatile group of skilled professionals with technical depth and best-practice experience.
Cambridge is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with architecture experience to help lead an application team and to participate in the development of our proprietary object-oriented application development framework that is at the heart of our forward moving enterprise architecture and the foundation for writing new applications and re-architecting existing ones. The role also includes mentoring and assisting application development teams in their software development efforts using the framework.
• Contribute to the architecture definition for small to large sized applications, design and architect small to medium sized applications and new features for larger applications based upon functional and technical specifications.
• Participate in the development and architecture of our proprietary application framework.
• Participate in design reviews to ensure functional, performance and scalability requirements are met.
• Conduct code reviews ensuring good coding standards and best practices are followed.
• Use Unit Testing for your development work to ensure code meets functional requirements.
• Follow the Test Driven Development (TDD) practices.
• Resolve application defects reported by support and quality assurance.
• Mentor other developers in the organization with architecture, design and coding skills.
• Consult with business analysts, domain experts, and other employees to clarify specification and design issues.
• Write documentation to describe application functional or technical specifications.
• Follow established development methodologies, architectures and coding standards outlined by the company.
• Review the work of peers to ensure consistency and quality.
• Provide status updates of development activities.
• Participate effectively within the Agile/Scrum methodology
Travel requirement: Position would require traveling at most a week each month.
Professional Skills required:
• Strong experience in the following:
- OOAD, layered architectures, design patterns, and UML.
- Agile development practices including test-driven development and continuous integration. Experience with mocking tools a plus.
- C#.NET and Microsoft web technologies (ASP.NET MVC preferred).
- n-Tier architecture, OR/M tools (NHibernate preferred), Dependency Injection tools (Spring.NET preferred).
- relational databases and programming, preferably SQL Server.
• Must have good communication skills, be a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
• Demonstrated motivation and aptitude for learning new technologies. Must be able to learn new development tools and methodologies on the fly.
Education/ Experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related field and at least 8 years work experience in software engineering.
• Microsoft Certified Profession Developer desired
At Cambridge, you control the journey by joining a growing, fast-paced company that will help you build a career beyond your expectations. You will be more than just a number at Cambridge!
To apply: http://www.indeed.com...
NOTE: This position is open for both Norcross, GA and Fairfield, IA.