Atlanta Jaspersoft User Group Message Board › Getting started with Jaspersoft

Getting started with Jaspersoft

Matthew G.
user 11601020
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Welcome to the Jaspersoft User Group!

I have had a few people ask me about how they could best get started with Jaspersoft's products, so I thought I would put my response here and also urge the group to contribute to what they found to be the most useful in getting started...

There are a couple of ways to get started with the product...
1) Start with our Evaluation Central portion of our website - http://www.jaspersoft...­ - this will give you a pretty good hands on overview of the technology.
2) When you download the software, there is a doc folder included that has the primary documentation on how to install, administer and use the product - these are great resources to help you get started.
3) JasperForge.org has quite a bit of tutorials, content, and forums to help you get started as well - the content on this site is split up based on the JasperReports Library project, the iReport Project, the JasperReports Server project, etc.
4) If you search google for tutorials on what you are trying to do - you will likely find quite a bit. There are some YouTube videos that are out there, etc. Here is a good example of some of the stuff our community is creating: http://bekwam.blogspo...­ There is a video there on creating a report in 9 minutes which has been very popular.

As you go through the process, if there are things that you see we are missing content on, please let me know. It is one of my goals to start filling the gaps so that our community can be even more successful with our products. Anything that you can contribute to this will help our community grow and prosper.

Thanks!
Matt