addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Atlanta Jazz Lovers Message Board › Membership Participation

Membership Participation

Doc R.
user 8517527
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
With over 150 Meetups under our belt and over 500 registered members, I find the lack of participation in our events disheartening. Here are my reasons. First and foremost, I acknowledge the difficult economic times in which we are living. While many of us are living from paychecks to paychecks and some of us are unfortunately not receiving any paychecks, I have been very intentional in providing Atlanta Jazz Lovers' Meetups in different locations around the metro area at affordable prices. Most of our Meetups are FREE or at prices that is at a great value when you consider the cost, quality and performances of the talented artists who entertain you.

Secondly, Atlanta Jazz Lovers members are given special attention and incentives. Members are offered preferred seating if you RSVP and given discount prices to concert tickets. Our membership dues are only $5.00 per year, yet at most events we can hardly get more than 10 people to attend. When most of you joined, you said how much you love Jazz and Live Music, but most of you don't come out to support it.

I look forward to getting the level of participation turned around, but I need your help. I need you to attend our Meetups.

This what members who have attended events are saying

" This was my first meetup event with the group and it certainly will not be my last!!! Great jazz enthusiasts. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the venue, performances, and the after party where we personally met and took photos with Eric Darius. .. My friends and I had a ball! "

" Just joined, so this was my first time to meet the group....everyone was warm and friendly and made me feel right at home. I had a fantastic time! The music was outstanding! Will definitely be back next Sunday! "

" I am very impressed with Atlanta Jazz Lovers. Looking at the past events and the events already scheduled going forward... The organizers know what it takes to keep smooth jazz alive in Atlanta and anywhere else. "

— D J on Mar 30, 2011.

" Great! Its good to see its still surviving. Atl is a tough market. i wish there was more participation from the jazz lovers. Kudos to DOC for keeping it going. It seems the ladies are always supporting---where are the men? "

— vernetta hill on Jan 30, 2011.

" I like the goal of the organizer, Doc Robinson, to keep live music performances alive in venues across Metro-Atlanta. The original and creative sounds of musical bands should be an art form that is celebrated now and generations to come. Great Job Doc!!!!! "

— Lauren­ on Jan 9, 2011.

" AJL is a great group. The members are very warm and receptive, and they make new members feel right at home. It's really nice to be affiliated with a mature group of individuals that know how to have a good time and that appreciate great music. I'm lovin' it! Kudos to Doc Robinson for putting together such a much needed and appreciated group! "

— Reginald JKwah Knox on Sep 4, 2010.
A former member
Post #: 5
I agree with you Doc 100%, the choices we made by not attending these jazz events are just crazy, as we in the business work hard to bring great entertainment to Atl., and with Jazzbeat Promotion being one of the top producer to jazz to the city. Folks you need to truly come as much as you can to enjoy the great mix of jazz. Keith Gilchrist of Jazzman Musicsmile
Connie V.
user 19621041
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
I just got back in town and I'll be there taking pictures to post on our page as well as absorb the great music that will be heard tomorrow. Looking forward to it!