addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Atlanta-Lean-Startup-Circle Message Board Atlanta-Lean-Startup-Circle Discussion Forum › Can you recommend a tool for user nurturing emails?

Can you recommend a tool for user nurturing emails?

Jeff S.
user 11559445
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Hey group,

Wanted to see if anyone could recommend a tool...

I'm looking for a cross between marketing automation & web analytics. Right now I'm doing this manually but it takes lots of time & doesn't provide analytics on email opens, clicks, etc.

For example, I'd like to have an automated (but personalized, of course) messages get sent to users based on their activity. So if they don't integrate our app with Google Apps, send a message telling them about that features. Benefit for them is a better product experience and the benefit for us is that they'll (theoretically) be more likely to convert.

I'd also like to be able to track opens, click throughs, and be able to validate whether these emails really do improve the chance of signup.

Is MailChimp or Pardot the right tool for this? Hubspot looks interesting but is outside our price range. Intercom.io also looks cool, but seems to be focused on in-app messaging only.

Thanks & see you all in 2 weeks.
Rob F.
robforman
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 5
Pardot does a lot of the drip marketing and automation you are describing (time based campaigns tracking clicks, opens, page views, etc), but its not dynamic (user activity or feature driven) like you're describing.
Jeff S.
user 11559445
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
Spoke to folks at both Kiss and MixPanel and it sounds like this is something they might be implementing soon. We'll see what comes of it, but could be a great way to take the metrics we already have & use them more.