This month we have a great presentation by the folks over at BlueTube on Xamarin. This development platform allows you to develop cross-platform iOS and Android apps. Understanding the various options and approaches for building mobile apps is very important - as the platform and technology changes, developers need to be up-to-date.
6:30-7:00 Food, networking
7:00-8:15 Introduction, 2 mini-presentations, and our main presentation!
XAMARIN is about writing code in one language to support the major mobile platforms.
- Created by the engineers that created Mono and MonoTouch
- Leverages cross-platform implementations of .NET
- Consists of a community of 314,588 developers.
- All about cross-platform
- Support iOS, Android, Mac and Windows all in C#.
- Reuse existing code
- Use your favorite .NET libraries in Xamarin apps.
- Easily use third-party native libraries and frameworks.
- 2 IDEs
- Visual Studio or Xamarin Studio
- Xamarin Studio is a fully-featured IDE that is built for mobile app development.
- Access to native APIs
- Allows you to create native apps with device-specific experiences.