I. OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Weather Channel, LLC is looking for a software developer for our Mobile Development team to help design and develop mobile applications for iOS devices. This is the perfect
opportunity to take your iOS development skills to a new level, requiring a combination of sound algorithm design, performance tuning and overall extensibility. You will be working on world-class applications that are used by millions of consumers - running
on devices like the iPhone, iPad and upcoming iOS devices.
The Weather Channel, LLC owns the most prolific suite of weather applications in the mobile world and continues to define the path of application development in the mobile space.
II. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Take part or lead the design and development of new iOS software applications.
2. Help maintain existing iOS software applications through product enhancements, performance improvements, and increasing scalability.
3. Act as subject matter expert for assigned Mobile applications.
4. Help refine the quality of the user experience of our iOS applications.
1. Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent work experience required.
2. Minimum 3 years Object Oriented programming experience.
3. Minimum 2 year experience developing, designing, and implementing mobile content, applications and/or web sites.
4. Experience working directly with end-users, analyzing problems/issues, and proposing solutions to customers, and internal technical planners.
B. SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Fluent in Objective C, with experience building and deploying iOS or OSX applications.
2 Experience in profile guided optimization
3. Must have experience with mobile SDKs and emulators.
4. Self-motivated and able to work without hand-holding, with strong pride of ownership and a nose for bad code.
5. Experienced in performance tuning.
7. Familiar with Linux, Apache Tomcat and Apache HTTPD.
8. Comfortable with application design based on both thick and thin-client models.
10. Experienced working in team development environments with Subversion. Knowledge of eclipse is a benefit.
11. An excellent problem-solver, with the ability to distill problems down to one or two key questions.
12. Comfortable in an iterative, test-driven development model.