|Sent on:||Friday, March 16, 2012 5:30 PM|
Web Application Developer
Entry level position
This position is a Web Application Developer. The development will be done in Ruby BUT …. Ruby just happens to be the language of choice, but the skills of a web developer is what matters here. We will train in Ruby.
what we are most interested in is finding the talent. The specific skills can be trained, but the person needs to have a history of writing computer programs and playing extensively with computers as a kid going into college. We are looking for someone who knew they wanted to be Comp. Science walking in the doors at college. This person must have a passion for programming.
· Ruby is not required. But at least one scripting language *is* (Perl, Ruby, PHP, Python, etc.)
· Has built a website
· This individual should be comfortable with databases because there will be a lot of database interaction involved.
· Linux or Mac experience will be helpful
· This person need to be trainable and actually listen to what's asked of them
· Ability to work onsite 5 days a week
This person will be assisting in the following areas:
· Running scripts that generate reports
· Adapting and maintaining same scripts to meet different reporting criteria
· Testing scripts and systems to verify correct functionality
· Assisting with user desktop support, server maintenance, and network management
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
ReSearch Connection LLC