addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

. Atlanta Music Lovers and Musicians . Message Board › Classical Revolution

Classical Revolution

Julia
Juliamp1
Tucker, GA
Post #: 15
This sounds great. I hope some will be planned closer to me so I can attend some in the future. There is a great Tea/Coffee shop close to Spaghetti Junction that might be a possible location for the future.
Cecile L.
user 10218873
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Julia,

Maybe Bill, the principal violist of The Atlanta Opera Orchestra and the co-founder and director of Classical Revolution ATL, will be open to the idea of performing in the space that you mention in your post. I am planning to go to the concert this Sunday, and I will try to remember to ask him to check the message board for the Atlanta Classical Music meetup group. Another suggestion to be sure he is aware of your input: Go to his profile and send him a greeting. It might also be helpful to give him the name and phone number of the tea/coffee shop.

Welcome to the meet-up group. I haven't been very active for the last number of months, but I did attend the last Music on the Hill concert. I hope to meet you at an upcoming event sponsored by the group.

Ceil
Bill
user 10251126
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
I would definitely like to know what it is. Since we are just getting this started in Atlanta, we want to try out many different venues in different parts of the metro area.
Ellen
user 4343874
Lawrenceville, GA
Post #: 52
I agree with Julia. Would prefer a more central location, further up North, like around Spaghetti Junction, which will be accessible to everyone.

The tea places that have music are:

Ta Cha: http://tahcha.com/blo...­

Zen Tea, right by the Chamblee Marta station:

http://ezentea.com/ez...­
Bill
user 10251126
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
Thanks, Ellen. My partner and I will check out these places next week.
Cecile L.
user 10218873
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
Ellen, both of the tea shops you mention sound like good locations. I haven't been to either one, but both are relatively convenient for me and probably would be for others. (I notice that tahCha is closed on Sunday, which might be a preferred day for the chamber music group.) I see the tea shops' schedule of live music. Even if the new chamber music group doesn't perform in these spaces, I am glad to know about them.
Julia
Juliamp1
Tucker, GA
Post #: 16
Tah Cha is the one I had in mind. There is also one across from Northlake mall on LaVista Road. I'll have to find out the name of it. Java Monkey in Decatur is also good. It's on Church Street across from the square. All of these are a little farther north and easier for more people to get to.
Julia
Juliamp1
Tucker, GA
Post #: 17
The one on LaVista is in the shopping center with Best Buy, right off of 285
Bill
user 10251126
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
Thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone. You asked for events on the north side of town and we listened.

I just created a meetup for our next event, which will be at tahCha on June 3. (Rumor has it that there will a be a drawing for tickets to the ASO season finale of Madame Butterfly.) Then, we start the new season with an event at Land of 1000 Hills in Roswell on August 26.

Thanks again for your enthusiastic support of Classical Revolution ATL, and we look forward to seeing you in June.
Julia
Juliamp1
Tucker, GA
Post #: 18
Wonderful Bill. I hope to be at both of these.