addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

. Atlanta Music Lovers and Musicians . Message Board › Atlanta Classical Music Group now changes name and augments purpose:

Atlanta Classical Music Group now changes name and augments purpose:

A former member
Please read:
I noticed that this meetup group was without an organizer. So I stepped up. Going through the posts and mailing lists and discussions I thought it would be a good idea to do a bit of a course correction to re-energize the group.

Towards that end - we will change the charter a bit -

- Purpose of the meetup will change to music events of any nature retaining a focus on classical music, but will include any genre and venue.

- We will start meeting for music jams in neighborhood parks or venues like Marietta Square. Bring the instrument of your choice.

We also started well by getting our first sponsor Steve Grossman of Steve's Live Music in Sandy Springs Marietta. Steve is an absolutely great guy and supports meetup events, and has contributed to the group. I have made the finances public so everybody can see the health of this group.

While the group was started for classical music fans, I felt augmenting the purpose is necessary to keep the group alive.