Mini Node Jam
(A plan based on Toby's notes)
- Familiarize members with each other; we want a group of friends, not strangers.
- Get the beginners acquainted with Node; seasoned Noders are there to help.
- Give everyone a chance to learn new things and have fun in a setting outside of work and unfettered by external pressure.
- Get ready for a weekend Node Jam.
- Everyone should set a goal for themselves: what they plan to accomplish while there.
- Working in teams of 2-3 people is encouraged, but you can work on your own. A team of more than 3 leads to diffusion of responsibility.
- To facilitate forming teams, please introduce yourself and your project.
- Do something you haven't done before - learn something new.
- Don't work on an existing project - unless it’s a brand new feature or a new take on it.
- Don't work on a project that you plan to start a business with if working on a team - the danger here is that you’ll get bossy because you are more invested than everyone else.
- Goals can be vague or specific. Vague ones are probably easier for others to team up with you - but must get specific once you start working.