Atlanta Photo Workshops Message Board › Sunflower Farm Meetup

Sunflower Farm Meetup

Dean S.
user 20567501
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Hello Everyone,

Just a last minute update about tomorrows meetup. I visited the sunflower farm yesterday. The sunflowers are in bloom and there is plenty to photograph. There are still large sections of flowers that have yet to bloom, though overall it should not be any problem at all. The proprietor of the farm attributed the sporadic growth delay on the lack of rain. Speaking of which, as you know, it's going to be hot. I will be bringing a large cooler loaded with bottled water for everyone but I encourage you to bring your own as well. The farm does sell bottled coke but that's pretty much it. Of course, you can always buy sunflower seeds to snack on but that's pretty much it in the way of food unless you bring your own. As a reminder, the entrance fee is $10 payable cash or check at the door. It's $15 to cut and pick your own sunflowers (vase included). Well worth it as you can take home as many as will fit in the vase and the vase is big.

Don't forget your tripods, remotes, memory cards, variety of lenses, and even flash. If you have a circular polarizing filter and/or graduated neutral density filters, this would be a good place to use them.

If you have any questions or need anything at all, email me at dean@deanstevensonphotography.com or call 404-538-2367. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks!

Dean