Data Science & Business Intelligence Society of Atlanta Message Board › Atlanta Society for Business Intelligence Discussion Forum › Data Governance Expert/ Business Intelligence Consultant -Top Global Consult
|A former member||
I hope you are all having a wonderful day! I was wondering if any of you are interested or you might know some professionals in the Data Governance/Business Intelligence consulting arena that you could pass this opportunity along to, I'd really appreciate it. It is a Permanent Job with one of Nations Premiere Consulting firms. Salary and benefits are excellent. If you or they are interested please send a resume to email@example.com. Thanks in advance for your time.
POSITION: Sr. Data Management Consultant
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
Company is a global business consulting and internal audit firm composed of experts specializing in risk and advisory services. The firm helps clients solve problems in finance, operations, technology, litigation, governance, risk, and compliance. Company's highly trained; results-oriented professionals serve clients in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Middle East and provide a unique perspective on a wide range of critical business issues.
Company has more than 60 locations worldwide.
Performance Information Management
Company’s Performance & Information Management professionals help companies provide strategies, processes and technology to drive financial and operational excellence by enabling continuous monitoring of business performance.
In order to provide critical information and insights for decision-making, the finance organization must play an active role in planning, measuring and monitoring business performance. Recent surveys have indicated that "measurement managed" companies are ranked in the top third of their respective industries in terms of leadership, financial results and the ability to assimilate change in the organization.
Our consultants help clients deliver strategic insights to the enterprise through the design and implementation of leading-edge planning, budgeting, consolidation and reporting practices, development and alignment of key metrics and processes with corporate strategies, implementation of cutting-edge technology for continuously monitoring business performance, and the effectiveness of information governance and controls. We also supplement limited in-house expertise with our seasoned professionals and help organizations reconnect accounting processes to operations and sales.
REQUIRED GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Prior management and direct supervisory experience in a team environment
• Self-starter and can operate independently as needed
• A high threshold for ambiguity and lack of structure and process during early phases of engagements
• Creative and logical problem-solving abilities
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and team building skills
• Advanced listening skills and written and verbal communications
• Ability to multi-task and maintain professional demeanor under pressure
• Strong project management and client relationship skills
• Proven business development proficiency
• Organization and time management expertise
• Mentoring and people development capabilities
• Solid ethical behavior
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Access, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
REQUIRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Experience in Data Governance, Data Quality Management, Information Governance, Master Data Management, Business Intelligence Competency Centers, or similar IT Governance related expertise.
• Ability to recommend data governance processes, organizational models, and data management technology platforms to clients
• Knowledge on leading practices for the implementation of data governance, data quality, and data integration projects.
• Experience developing the strategic vision and direction of a data management organization and the development of global data standards.
PREFERRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Prior experience working in either Data warehousing or Business Intelligence.
• Experience working within a Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or other major database management systems.
• Experience with either Master or Meta Data repositories a nice to have.
• Project management experience is a plus.
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry
• “Big 4” or large consulting firm experience is strongly preferred
ABILITY TO TRAVEL
• Travel throughout the month frequently required based on client requests/commitments