Data Science & Business Intelligence Society of Atlanta Message Board › Atlanta Society for Business Intelligence Discussion Forum › Hiring a Data Architect / Developer for a new BI practice
|A former member||
This is one of 3 roles I am hiring. All are perm opportunities. I am looking for someone with solid data modeling skills for a DW. Will also be the lead ETL developer preferably having worked in a Teradata environment. Below is the job description. Please respond to this message if interested. This is an opportunity to build a DW platform from scratch.
The Data Architect / Developer role will be directly responsible for the complete back-end technical architecture, DW modeling / design, ETL development and maintenance of a brand new enterprise data warehouse platform. The role requires good experience in logical and physical data modeling, ETL/ELT design & development and data warehousing techniques.
As a member of the newly formed Business Intelligence (BI) Services practice at DCCU, the Data Architect / Developer will interface with other team members in the BI practice in a dynamic and rapid paced prototyping environment. This is a unique opportunity to create an enterprise data warehouse from the ground up.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Translate business requirements from across the organization into technical data warehousing and/or data mart requirements.
• Assume complete ownership for the logical and physical DW data model - Design and develop new data models, refine existing data models for EDW and BI.
• Design, develop, test, and implement programs, scripts and ETL/ELT processes to extract, transform, clean, integrate and load data from source systems into the data warehouse.
• Design and supervise the preparation of the data warehouse and/or data mart technical environment. This includes long-range size estimation.
• Contribute to developing transparent and well understood enterprise data governance processes, rules and technologies to support them.
• Provide data warehouse and/or data mart support functions including database maintenance, development and enhancements.
• Review and provide feedback on strategies and standards for business data integration as it pertains to data warehousing.
• Participate in product evaluations, POC's and business decisions to ensure fit and scale into the platform and the organization.
• Support users in constructing queries and assume other responsibilities in the team as needed (e.g., data analysis, quality assurance etc.)
• BA/BS degree with at least 5 years of data warehousing project related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience – with at least 1 full cycle data warehouse development experience required.
• Good experience with enterprise-level data modeling – also, strong experience with dimensional modeling and development is strongly preferred.
• Good experience (at least 3 years) in large scale ETL/ELT development projects – (experience with ELT tools like Wherescape Red preferred.)
• Extensive experience with RDBMS and SQL development experience; (Especially Teradata is ideal -Certification in Teradata and Teradata SQL preferred).
• Ability to communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to cross functional groups and senior levels
• Ability to influence multiple levels on highly technical issues and challenges
• Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze issues, assess technical risks, and recommend sound solutions in a timely manner
• Excellent oral, written, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team on complex projects
• Demonstrated experience to influence and coordinate third parties and suppliers
• Adeptness to learn new assignments, technologies and applications.