Business Intelligence Society of Atlanta Message Board › Atlanta Society for Business Intelligence Discussion Forum › Hirig for a BI Architect/Developer for a new BI practice
|Sujatha (Su) R.||
Need expert level Microstrategy skills. Below is the job description. Please respond if interested.
Business Intelligence Architect / Developer
The Business Intelligence (BI) Architect / Developer role at DCCU is to establish, design, implement and administer BI applications using the business intelligence platform (Microstrategy).
The BI Architect will be a key part of the BI Services team and will be responsible for the complete lifecycle and management of new BI project development and/or improving existing BI applications to meet the changing needs of our business at DCCU. In addition this role will administer the BI platform at DCCU. This role directly works with the data warehouse/ETL and infrastructure teams as well as interfaces with DCCU's business users to address their needs. This role will also lead and foster data related technology innovations for the BI team and serve as an active contributor to our technology roadmap.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Architect, design and develop BI applications using Microstrategy
• Work closely with data warehouse and ETL teams on designing flexible and scalable data models for ROLAP across all enterprise data assets
• Administer and support multiple project teams and user community, including but not limited to server management, release management, license management, and project configuration and management
• Develop and maintain the reporting solutions for the release and deployment between enterprise environments ¬ - QA and production migrations of MicroStrategy objects.
• Work closely with business users and other development teams in all stages of the BI development lifecycle.
• Assist with user support and training and creation of ad hoc data warehouse queries as needed.
• Lead performance tuning and stress testing initiatives.
• Participate and contribute to the BI strategy at DCCU.
• Keep up to date on latest Bi directions/ trends; identify technologies and methodologies that can add further value to DCCU.
• Evangelize the value of business intelligence and data warehouse by contributing to BI Competency Center efforts.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline and minimum 5 years of related work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in requirements gathering, data modeling, MicroStrategy architect, report, dashboards development - Strong preference will be given to a Microstrategy Certified Professional
• Experience in installing, configuring, and administering MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, Web Server, and Mobile Server
• Experience in developing MicroStrategy reports, documents, dashboards, and cubes using Report Services and OLAP Services
• Familiarity with data modeling and manipulation tools, such as ER Studio, ER/WIN etc.
• Strong understanding of enterprise data warehousing concepts with experience in relational or OLAP databases such as Teradata , Oracle, Netezza, DB2, or SQL Server.
• Strong SQL writing skills and understanding of relational and dimensional data models, and industry accepted design techniques
• Experience in at least two full life cycle Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence implementations
• Experience with data visualization techniques and tools (such as Qlikview, Tableau, Spotfire).
• Experience with user adoption methodologies and practices (Preferred).
• Related experience in the financial services industry (Preferred)
• Ability to technically lead and own multiple projects to meet deliverable timelines and SLAs.
• Ability to effectively explain complex issues and concepts in simple, understandable language to technical and business audiences
• Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills