Atlanta Sustainable Community Message Board › Topic for next meeting?
I'd like a vote from everyone planning to attend the next meeting what they would be interested in seeing. Chad has some very enticing options for us:
1) Portable wind mill 1 hour to set up 1 hour to take down (500
watt 20 ft tall)
2) Working solar (controller solenoid inverter)
3) Mylar packing system
6) Bug out bag
7) Hobo stove
8) Start a fire with mirror or flint
Additionally, I could:
9) Do a canning demonstration to show you step-by-step how to do it
10) Show you how to vacuum pack food using our vacuum packer. Bring a bag of dried goods (grains, nuts, beans, etc) and we'll vacuum pack it with our machine.
By the way, our plan is to cook our main entree on our woodstove cooking top (we cooked it in our fireplace last year and while it 'worked' it was very cumbersome.
Obviously we can't do all of the above so we'll end up doing (1) thing. Everyone please vote on a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice for our topic.
Here's my vote: 1) Working solar 2) Mylar packing system 3) start a fire with flint
What's your vote?