Atlanta User Experience Group Message Board › Agency Spotter launched -- Sign-up, share and send your thoughts

Agency Spotter launched -- Sign-up, share and send your thoughts

Brian R.
brian404
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone -- We just launched Agency Spotter and would love your help sharing it and also getting your feedback on the UX of the site.

Agency Spotter is a place where businesses and agencies can find one another. We're taking agency search from months to minutes, while also helping agencies generate more targeted business leads too.

http://agencyspotter.com­

Look forward to your thoughts!
Brian
A former member
Post #: 4
Brian,
This is a fun exercise! These are impressions from the pages available without signup.

Text
Regarding the gray on gray type on the About Us, Jobs, etc. pages. I understand the desire to move away from black/white, but the light shade of gray chosen for the text is difficult on the eyes. I have a hard time reading the text and am not inclined to read it in depth. A darker shade of gray would stand out better against the light gray background.

Scroller
The scroller is a touch too fast. I find myself wanting to take a closer look at the filter and the search results screenshots, to see if my line of work is represented and what information I'll get for each agency. Right now, I can't take a good look before the scroller moves on.

Also, aside from the filter and search results screenshots on the landing page, the rest of the scroller images are just filler. I find myself wanting look more closely at the service through screenshots and/or a demo video before I make the leap to signing up.

Signing up
I'd also like to know if signup is free. If I'm told it is, I'd be more likely to sign up even if I'm a "maybe" right now for using the service.

Brian R.
brian404
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
Thanks Kris for the great feedback! It is free to search and free for agencies to get a basic portfolio.

Best,
Brian
A former member
Post #: 6
Brian,
I just set up an account to test your site. I'll update what I've found tomorrow, but here's something I noticed.

When I went to confirm my e-mail, I got redirected to a page which said that I was not signed in. However, I was already signed in once I created my account. This was a bit confusing.