Announcing the third Atlanta Web Apps Coder Challenge (join at group below as this one is migrating)
We're beginning a series of Coder Challenges to get those of you who are just beginning an excuse to apply what you've learned and the more advanced of you a springboard for new app ideas. In each challenge, we'll give a variety of difficulty levels. The higher the difficulty, the greater chance you have of winning a prize at the next in person meetup.
The rules are simple, pick a level that you want to tackle and start writing your code. Send your submission to [masked] by the end of the month to be eligible. You will receive a ticket for each of the following categories that you include in your app for a greater chance of winning a prize at the next AWA meeting (must be present to win).
Are you ready to take the challenge? Here's your task for September 2013 should you choose to accept it.
1. Create an App for upcoming Conference or Event that provides information about the event and the schedule, date, time, web link, description. Headlining speaker, etc. (ex. Like an App for the Atlanta Code Camp www.atlantacodecamp.com );
2. Provide an countdown on main page of app of Months, Days until Event Date
3. Allows for a user to enter/select sessions from the Event that they wish to attend
4. Orders and Displays the selected sessions by date and time, so user can see schedule of sessions they wish to attend
5. Stores selected sessions using SQL Lite and/or Azure Mobile Services
6. Highlights conflicts of selected sessions with same date/time
7. Using Bing Services (Maps, Geolocation, etc.) to show food, hotel, coffee places around the event
8. Publish your app in the store.
9. Bonus: Instead of creating an app for an specific Event like Atlanta Code Camp, create an app that will allow for an user to Enter in the Conference information for any events. They could provide a link to the event and using a Web View display/show the Homepage of the event. Also, use the data feed or RSS of the Event’s site (if applicable) to get information about the agenda, session, updates, news. Provide a mechanism to manually enter session name/title, speaker, and date/time of desired event sessions.
Good luck! Ready, Set, Code.
PS. If you have an idea for a future coder challenge, send it to [masked]. If we use your idea, you can win a prize as well.