addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta Fly Fishing and Camping Meetup Group Message Board › Hooch stripers?

Hooch stripers?

This message board is read-only.

Kyle
user 9507140
Smyrna, GA
Post #: 4
Has anyone been out fishing for stripers recently on the hooch? Thinking of taking my 5&9 weight to try for trout then stripers at dark.
Scott
user 92108452
Auburn, GA
Post #: 1
Haven't had the chance to fish Stripers on the Hooch yet ....I usually chase them on Lanier . I'd love to meet up though if you're needing another rodslinger to go with .
Kyle
user 9507140
Smyrna, GA
Post #: 5
I tried for 20 minutes last night before the storm and lighting started. I am not sure how the construction under the highway is effecting fishing. I am going to try again this week when the water clears up a bit more.
How does the striper fishing work on Lanier? Do you need a boat, Kayak or can you wade?

Scott
user 92108452
Auburn, GA
Post #: 2
kayak will work .......if you can find out where they're at in advance that is ......A boat is a better bet usually as you can cover more water .......Stripers move a great deal and Lanier is a big lake lol
Rene J. H.
user 5695310
Group Organizer
Alpharetta, GA
Post #: 227
Scott is right, timing would be everything if fishing from the bank. However, I put in at Shole Creek and worked that cove with a boat, it ended up that the striper I caught was only 100ft from the bank/ramp.
Scott
user 92108452
Auburn, GA
Post #: 3
Excellent ......I fished Shoal 2 weeks ago with a friend and nary a bite ....though I've taken plenty from there in the past ..........we finally found them at Six Mile , but they were up for only a few minutes and then disappeared ......so it goes with Mr. Striper lol ........though when you do finally hook up , it's well worth the effort
Zach F.
user 184935931
Norcross, GA
Post #: 2
Hey man let me know if you want to go out and catch some striper! The only one I've caught was at Morgan falls dam
Rene J. H.
user 5695310
Group Organizer
Alpharetta, GA
Post #: 233
Fishing at Morgan falls is a good idea. I have not been there in almost a year. The striper I go for are usually a few miles down stream. How would you attempt the water? Do you use a canoe...?