The Atlanta Game Night Meetup Group Message Board › Upcoming Meetups

Upcoming Meetups

Paul R.
parubin
Group Organizer
Roswell, GA
Hi folks,

I hope those that made it to Games night had a wonderful time.  We will still have The game night May 5 I would love any volunteers to help me set up / clean up.

Currently we have no events scheduled after May 5.  What we need are hosts.  What does it mean to host?  The host picks the games and any theme for the potluck.  Do you have to have a theme for the potluck, no, but it makes it easier for people to know what to bring.  One or twice a month we try to get a large group (20 or so) together, but you can host with as many or as few as you want if you want to play a specific game that works that way.  I will support you.

Our general format that we have enjoyed for the last six-months has been to  have a potluck at 6 and games around 7 two Saturday evenings a month (first and third Saturday).  This allows people to get to know each other a bit and then play.  We have used this format because I personally do not like to invade a restaurant and take up their tables for hours without really bringing them a suitable amount of revenue for those tables especially on a Saturday night.

I understand that many of us do not have the space for 20 people and have made my house available for other people to host from.

Do you want to continue meeting for the summer, or would you like to start back in the fall?

Do you wish you could host but your place is too small?

Please repay and let me know what you would like from the group for the next six months?

Thanks

Paul.