Metro Atlanta Geeks Message Board › Han Solo in Carbonite

Han Solo in Carbonite

A former member
Post #: 1
OK - this is not spam - but it is selling something very specific. I hope this is not offensive or inappropriate - if it is, please disregard.

I have an Illusive Originals life-size Han Solo in Carbonite statue. The problem is - I am now married with a kid, and I don't have anyplace to put it. So what do you do with something like this? I figured: try to find some other fans who would appreciate it.

I still have his box (a little beat up). As far as number, this is #961 of 2500. I think I still have his COA upstairs in the attic. This is by no means in pristine condition - and you may know, these were not the best built things in the world either. So the back is a little loose on one part, and one of the back corners is chipped. I think the number plaque has some light scratches on it as well, but the number is still clear.

I hope you don't see this post as offensive or crude - but I am just not sure what to do with him. I suppose I could drag him up to DragonCon and try to sell him, but really, I want this to just be kind of a "no hassle" process, so my goal is to have someone come to me who is interested, take a look at it, make an offer, and take him away. I have thought about giving it to a friend who thinks it is cool, but I suspect he will run into the same problem I am - I think this really needs to go to someone who is more serious about props and memorabilia.

I am sure there is someone out there who would love to have it - either as is, or to use for a starting point for a more serious replica.

I would like to find a home for him. Is anyone interested? I don't know what he is worth - I see people selling them on e-bay for thousands of dollars - but I also don't see any bids, either. So if you are interested, please let me know, and maybe we can figure something out that will make both of us happy.

Thanks -

Andy