align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Atlanta MySQL Meetup Group Message Board Open Discussion › Welcome to the local Meetup message boards!

Welcome to the local Meetup message boards!

user 7.
This is the place to continue the conversation between monthly Meetups. Get to know your local Meetup community, ask questions, answer questions, talk about your last get-together--it's up to you.

We ask that you keep messages civil and relevant to your Meetup Group.

This message board is moderated by your group's Organizer. He or she can edit or delete posts. If you see problem messages--spam, advertising, threats, abuse, or off-topic posts--you can tell your Organizer by clicking the 'Contact me' link on the left side of this page.

Finally, try our general Meetup.com message board if you want to discuss the service with members of all of Meetup's 3,000+ topics.

We hope you, your family, your friends, and your community have great Meetups!
Mark
user 3596870
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
so i'd be curious to know a little about what everyone uses mysql for professionally (or personally) in this group so far. here is some background and what i use mysql for right now:

as introduced, i work for ask.com, iwon.com, excite.com, myway.com and some other sites. can't give a lot of information away about details, but i can tell you i use perl/C and mysql/postgresql for our analytics systems as well as data warehousing. i've used mysql for over 8 years now and love it. even though i have started using postgresql as well since joins are faster for warehousing there opposed to mysql. but for storing massive amounts of data, and simple pulls, mysql is great and outperforms any database we have. we also use oracle and berkerlydb.

looking forward to talking to you all!

Mark