Your RSVP here serves only to let others know that of your plans to attend. It does not guarantee you a place at the event.
You must follow the procedure detailed below to RSVP with Yerkes.
A limited number of Atlanta Science Tavern members has been invited to attend an open house at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center Field Station located in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
Tours begin starting at 8:30am, end at 10:30am and last about an hour.
In order to attend you must email [masked] by Friday, March 29 with the following information:
- First and last names of each person in your party;
- Ages of those 17 and younger;
- Contact phone number;
- Contact email address; and
- Affiliation with Yerkes (e.g., neighbor, Atlanta Science Tavern, Mercer class).
Yerkes will respond by Wednesday, April 3, letting you know if there is sufficient space for your party and providing details about the event, including directions to the field station.
Feel free to use the comment section below to make carpool arrangements after you have RSVPed with Yerkes.
- Children who are at least 1 year old are welcome.
- Children ages 1 to 4 must be in strollers.
- Parking is limited; please carpool.
- Bring your old phone books, which will provide hours of enrichment activities for the animals.
- Photography and open-toed shoes are prohibited.
Frans de Waal observing monkey behavior at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center Field Station (courtesy of the Association for Psychological Science "Observer")