- This event is an exclusive production of the Atlanta Science Tavern.
- Gather at 7 pm (or as early as you like, if the room is available), find a seat, form a team and order your dinner and drinks.
- The trivia competition will begin promptly at 7:30.
- Seating is first-come-first-served. RSVPs here do not hold seats.
- We expect a more than capacity crowd.
- Consult this FAQ for detailed information.
- We ask for a $3 contribution from non-students.
And we're back
Only a few days late for Newtonmas 2013 - Sir Isaac's birthday is the 25th - the Atlanta Science Tavern Science Trivia Challenge is making a return. Please join us for this fifth installment of our insanely popular team trivia competition. The questions themselves are entertaining, and the musical interludes, selected by Don MacGregor, make the evening even more fun.
The competition will consist of 2 halves consisting of 8 questions each. Unlike conventional team trivia, all of the questions are multiple-part questions of varying degrees of difficulty. This gives every team an opportunity to participate in every question, while allowing those with special expertise to distinguish themselves. See this FAQ for details.
The best way to get an idea of what the Science Trivia Challenge is about is to take a look at the slide show from our last go-round in July.
Prizes will be awarded in the form of Manuel's gift certificates as follows:
• $50 - 1st place
• $30 - 2nd place
• $20 - 3rd place
Student teams are very welcome. We encourage people with special expertise to mix it up to help keep the teams balanced.