- This meetup is for one show in a 3-show run.
- Friday, January 3 show is at 8:00 pm.
- Saturday, January 4 shows are at 6:00 pm and 8:15 pm.
- Tickets can be ordered through Brown Paper Tickets.
- Prices are $10/Student, $25/General Admission and $35/Reserved.
- Service fees apply.
- Use the comment section to arrange gathering before or after the show.
Scientist Turned Comedian Tim Lee at Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech's own scientist-comedian Pete (a.k.a. Dr. Pete) Ludovice will open for Tim.
From Tim's website:
Tim wasn't supposed to be a comedian. A biologist by training, he graduated magna cum laude from UC San Diego with honors in biology. He went on to complete his PhD at UC Davis. He spent years developing simulation and analytical models of population dynamics before he discovered that this bored him to tears. When he tried comedy for the first time the tears stopped.
Tim has become an underground sensation with over 4 million views on his YouTube videos. Piggybacking that success, Tim took the show on the road selling out shows from New York to Sydney. Audiences hungry for comedy that is smart and funny flocked to the show. Lee's comedy uses scientific phenomena and tools to explain everything from the hair that collects on a bar of soap to how his standards drop rapidly with abstinence.
Tim has performed for universities across the country, companies such as Johnson and Johnson, Genentech and Microsoft and at venues like the Venetian, the Punch Line and the Improv.