2947 N Druid Hills Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA
- This meetup is a production of the Atlanta Science Tavern.
- Gather at 8:00 pm. The show begins at 9:00.
- A deposit of $16 is required for each RSVP for this event. Walk-ins will also be required to pay a $16 deposit individually.
-These deposits are refundable according the conditions outlined below.
- At least 50 RSVPs must be received by Monday, March 3 at noon, otherwise this event will be cancelled.
- You will not be able to retract RSVPs placed after that time, although additional RSVPs will be permitted and deposits similarly required.
Watch Party - "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey" with Neil deGrasse Tyson
It's back! The Cosmos odyssey returns March 9 with science hero Neil deGrasse Tyson at the helm, thanks to the support of executive producers Seth MacFarlane, "Family Guy" creator and infant terrible of last year's Academy Awards, and Ann Druyan, Carl Sagan's widow.
Join us for this exciting watch party in the private party room at Famous Pub in Toco Hill Shopping Center. We have the room starting at 8:00, an hour before the show, so you come early and share a drink or a bite to eat.
Concerning cigarette smoke sensitivity
Famous Pub Sports is non-smoking until 10:00 pm, at which time smoking is permitted at the main bar and the pool table area. There will be no smoking in the private party room during our event. Smoking is, though, permitted in the private party room at other times. I have been told that it is unlikely that there will be an event there immediately before our own.
Conditions for refund of your deposit
• If there are not at least a total of 50 RSVPs received by Monday, March 3 at noon, the event at Famous Pub will be cancelled. Everyone who put down a deposit will have it refunded, less PayPal transaction fees.
• If there are at least 50 RSVPs received by noon, March 3, the event at Famous Pub goes forward and the following rules concerning refunds will come into play.
• You will not be able to retract any RSVPs that you have made.
• If you or anyone else in your party doesn't show up for the event on March 9, you will forfeit $16 of your deposit for each no-show. Period.
• If, by the end of the event, we meet the food and drink minimum, you will be entitled to a refund for your deposit, less transaction fees, for each member of your party who attended.
• If, by the end of the event, we fail to make the food and drink minimum, the shortfall will be apportioned equally among those attending the event (including walk-ins) according to the number of people in their party and that share will be deducted from each deposit. The remainder of your deposit will be refunded, less transaction fees.
• For example, if 50 people attend and we end up with a $100 shortfall, $2 will be deducted from your deposit for each person in your party, meaning you will receive a $14 refund for each of them, less transaction fees. Effectively, you will have paid $2 per person for use of the private party room.
Additional notes: See conditions for refunds at the bottom of the description for this event.
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.