addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Atlanta Skeptics Message Board › Here's what American Atheists, Inc., is up to in Georgia, so far!

Here's what American Atheists, Inc., is up to in Georgia, so far!

A former member
Post #: 29
Hey, Everyone!

Thought I'd give a rundown on what I've got cooking here in Georgia!

I sent out certified letters to Peachtree City Mayor Haddix and the City Council, challenging the legality of the invocation, suggesting a rotation, and a warning that failing to do so will result in legal action.

Statewide, I sent certified letters to Nathan Deal & the GA Supreme Court further challenging the "In God We Trust" license plate stickers, which are in violation of the Georgia State Constitution.

Also, I sent certified letters to Nathan Deal & the GA Supreme Court challenging HB 941 for the inclusion of the Ten Commandments in the official "Foundations of American Law & Justice" display, requesting removal or legal action.

I've got a few other things I am looking into, as well! Of course, if any of you hear about something that is in violation of the First Amendment pertaining to SOCAS issues, let me know!

Al Stefanelli
Georgia State Director

American Atheists, Inc.
PO Box 3531
Peachtree City, GA 3029

(256) 496-5777