Atlanta Skeptics Message Board › New Meetup: November Meeting - Massimo Pigliucci

New Meetup: November Meeting - Massimo Pigliucci

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for Atlanta Skeptics!

What: November Meeting - Massimo Pigliucci

When: November 13, 2009 8:00 PM

Where:
Manuels Tavern
602 N. Highland Ave
Atlanta, GA 30307
404-525-3447

Hi all!

Our next meeting -- another Friday night one -- is with Massimo Pigliucci. (I believe that's pronounced pih-LOO-chi. Special thanks to my friend Nicole Gigliucci for telling me.)

Dr. Pigliucci is the chair of the Department of Philosophy at Lehman College. He is known as an outspoken critic of creationism and advocate of science education. He writes regularly for Skeptical Inquirer and Philosophy Now and maintains a blog called "Rationally Speaking." He has debated creationists and intelligent design proponents, including Duane Gish, Kent Hovind, William Dembski and Jonathan Wells, on many occasions.

He is also speaking on Saturday, Nov 14th, and Kennesaw State University. Details on that event to follow soon.

Note that we have the BIG room reserved for the 13th. Not the one we normally meet in -- that wall will be removed and we'll have that whole space. We are inviting the Atlanta Science Tavern folks as well.

It should be a great night. Hope to see you there!

Christian

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­