Jason
xxxxxxxx
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 36
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Elbert Hubbard

An inventor is simply a fellow who doesn't take his education too seriously.
Charles Kettering

I don't think it's healthy to take yourself too seriously.
Payne Stewart

Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not.
Vaclav Havel

Surround yourself with people who take their work seriously, but not themselves, those who work hard and play hard.
Colin Powell

Drop the idea that you are Atlas carrying the world on your shoulders. The world would go on even without you. Don't take yourself so seriously.
Norman Vincent Peale

Humorists can never start to take themselves seriously. It's literary suicide.
Erma Bombeck

What also helps our show is that we never take ourselves seriously.
Drew Carey

The one important thing I have learned over the years is the difference between taking one's work seriously and taking one's self seriously. The first is imperative and the second is disastrous.
Margot Fonteyn

I don't have a burning desire to be taken seriously as an actor. I don't have a master plan in that way.
Ben Stiller

Someone who doesn't take herself too seriously and can be a goofball. Because everyone's a nerd inside, I don't care how cool you are.
Channing Tatum

The one serious conviction that a man should have is that nothing is to be taken too seriously.
Samuel Butler

Do not take yourself too seriously. You have to learn not to be dismayed at making mistakes. No human being can avoid failures.
Lawrence G. Lovasik

It is our responsibilities, not ourselves,
that we should take seriously.
Peter Ustinov

Don't take yourself too seriously.
And don't be too serious about not taking yourself too seriously.
Howard Ogden
Jason
xxxxxxxx
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 46
2 general quotes to live by:
"never take anything personally"
"never make assumptions"
If you try to read between the lines you'll get everything screwed up.

Live by those two rules and you'll transcend to a higher level of health, both mentally and physically.
Ignorance and fear holds people back from this.
Don't be an idiot coward. :) Apply it.
Don't forget it. Don't trivialize it.
It's a couple of the few things that will ever really matter. THAT, you can take seriously. :)

Taking yourself too seriously violates both of the above rules, because it essentially means you are grasping for approval (or conceited) and assuming others to validate you as well as taking their validation personally.

No one can read minds and determine the true perception or sanity or motive behind another's actions... so don't hold on to poison when you can choose immunity by not taking anything personal. If you take something personal, it's like giving someone mind-control power over you and is likely giving them more power than they deserve.
Schadenfreude­ is rampant, yet so easy to overcome once you understand it.

Look your best, do your best, but to quote the Bard of Avon- all the world's a stage.

Regardless of anything else, there is no black or white answers because everything is relative- and on the face of it, or on the back of it, there's always shades of silver.
As any quantum physicist will tell you, the deeper you go into penetrating matter, the more obvious of the illusions.

merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream...

I apply my background in programming to my principles in life: make sure it's logical, it works for you, allow for change, and of course: keep it simple stupid - K.I.S.S. (maybe someone will quote me on that one day... haha)
-Jason (fearless leader of ATAMOS / not Argonauts) smile A closed mind that sees nothing yet "knows everything" is actually a great thing to lose.
--------------------------------------­-----------------------

"Between stimulus and response there is a space.
In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response. In those choices lie our growth and our happiness." (Mans Search For Meaning) -Victor E Frankl

^ the essence of all human wisdom.

Jason
xxxxxxxx
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 53

Like so many others, I've come across this song after listening to the Google-Phone commercial. I have a distaste for the "only on the iPhone" commercials. While it's a clever play on words, many consider it a half-truth. It is equally true that some other phones are better and more cost effective. :) No big deal, just an observation.
Although I'm not buying the Google-phone I think they have a better method of marketing than the iPhone. I found the song (originally from classic movie- Harold and Maude) rather cool and fits well here. :)
Jason
xxxxxxxx
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 57
And if you want to be me, be me
And if you want to be you, be you
'Cause there's a million things to do

Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'Cause there's a million things to be
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­-----
So after listening to that, it reminded me of another generational classic song that had been remade, and deals with being anything that you want. Due to the current economic status of more than 1 out of 10 being unemployed, it fits well here that their name is Unemployed Benefits form40 (actually they shortened it)
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­-----
Well you could of been anything that you wanted to
I can tell
The way you do the things you do
As pretty as you are
You know you could`ve been a ...

Jason
xxxxxxxx
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 70
A little about me:

Jason
xxxxxxxx
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 89

Hi, Open the doors, then come on in. There's something for everyone. Choose your flavor.

These videos, along with my current avatar of the rotating globe, represents the diversity within this group.
This is a highly international group with people from all over the world, and from all over the U.S.

We have people from Spain, India, Russia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Japan, China, and Finland to name a few.

People are strange when you're a stranger because you're on the outside looking in, at a very strange society.
What allows you to see how weird and interesting a society is; is precisely what makes you strange,
being an outsider. That goes for everyone, not just foreigners.
However strange a person may appear from afar it does not indicate they are really all that different than yourself...
This group has a variety of fun personalities. You don't have to be a stranger, come join in on one of the current meetup events and we'll look forward to seeing you soon.
-Jason