addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Vegetarian & Vegan Group Message Board The Veggie Spot › the I'LL FIND YOU A VEGAN ALTERNATIVE!! thread

the I'LL FIND YOU A VEGAN ALTERNATIVE!! thread

Pamela D
user 3289256
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 7
Doritos? Can you tell I'm on a snack kick?smile

I loathe the thought of giving PETA any site traffic, but here you go --

The new flavor of Doritos, "Spicy Sweet Chili" are 100% vegan.

http://www.peta.org/m...­
Pamela D
user 3289256
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 8
FYI, I went to Cosmos Vegan Shoppe today (on Highland Ave) and they do indeed carry Tings. I bought myself a bag, but haven't opened it yet. I've eaten enough today! I look forward to seeing what they taste like though.

Anyone who hasn't been there yet, it is a small-ish store off of Boulevard and they carry only vegan items, including baked goods by Idalys. I highly recommend checking them out, as they try to carry hard to find items. They don't, alas, carry fresh produce but they do have freezer items, packaged foods, cheese alternatives, vitamins, and even some skin care and makeup and a few vegan shoes and handbags. Again, they are small so the selection will not be vast, but you will find good quality stuff there. I feel it is really important to support small businesses, and vegan businesses in particular.

Most of you probably already know this place but for anyone new to the area I thought it might help. and no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I just like shopping there.

smile
A former member
Post #: 1
I didn't see anyone post this on this thread so I thought I would put it out there:

http://www.peta.org/a...­

Lots of vegan items on here, however, they are probably mostly processed so if you're trying to stay raw or anything, doubtful you'll find a lot on here. At least it's something though! I've printed these lists and taken them to the grocery store when I first made my veggie lifestyle decision. It really helped me as I've continued learning. A great first step for first-time vegans who have no idea what they can eat quite yet. Enjoy. = )

P.S. I used a pancake mix on the list, added some blueberries, and replaced their egg contents with Ener-G egg replacer (Cosmo's sells it) and it was delicious and EASY!
- Julie
A former member
Post #: 77
Yay!! Doritos!!! My personal vegan challenge starts June 1st. But this is great info for anyone considering vegan. So this info is awesome!
A former member
Post #: 79
wings?
A former member
Post #: 4
Sheriss, I am VERY, VERY proud of you for even attempting a vegan lifestyle. You will know that it's the right thing to do when ... you can't have wings or cheese or scrambled eggs and truly don't even CARE. Nothing tastes better than living out your beliefs and ethics.

One of my favorite quotes:

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form."
~ William Ralph Inge, Outspoken Essays, 1922
Pamela D
user 3289256
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 10
Sheriss, I am VERY, VERY proud of you for even attempting a vegan lifestyle. You will know that it's the right thing to do when ... you can't have wings or cheese or scrambled eggs and truly don't even CARE. Nothing tastes better than living out your beliefs and ethics.

I would amend this slightly, to say... you CAN have anything you want, you just don't WANT those things anymore.... nor do you care.

And yeah, good on you for going for it! It's easy, trust me. It won't seem that way at first maybe, but it is a matter of making the adjustment. And you always have us to help you out!
A former member
Post #: 80
Thanks for the support you guys! {{HUGS}}!!

i googled vegan buffalo wings and i think i found an ok recipe..

I know MorningStar makes them but (they are quite spicy but yummy...great snack after a night out!)... I've heard rumblings that MorningStar isn't vegan.. hmm.. does that include all of their products?
A former member
Post #: 5
MorningStar does tend to have both dairy and eggs in them, but GardenBurger does a better job of staying vegan in their products. Even Publix GreenWise items tend to have less egg and dairy. I know everyone says this, but it is very true ? getting in the habit of eating tempeh or seitan is even better. For me, I think it's the BBQ flavor that makes or breaks what I'm eating.

I know it's not the same as wings, but every Friday night our family goes to Mellow Mushroom and we get a pineapple, onion and tempeh pizza with no cheese (and you have to ask them to leave out the butter and parm on the crust, but they easily can). It's extremely good and I swear, their BBQ tempeh is so good you don't even notice that there's no cheese.

Next time I go I'll flirt with the waiter to see if I can get the BBQ recipe. ;)
REBECCA
user 5998951
Mc Kenzie, TN
Post #: 5
Yay!! Doritos!!! My personal vegan challenge starts June 1st. But this is great info for anyone considering vegan. So this info is awesome!
I commend you for that challenge. Seriously, if I were you I would start inputing vegan meals slowly until then. There are many soy products in vegan lifestyle. Some people are very bothered by the flatuence or bloating. I have been using them so long I am not bothered. When I want a certain taste(hot or sweet),I just add spices to whatever vegan product I am eating that day. Last night I had pizza with jalepenos and pinapple. When I go to the store I just have to get out the little ole lady eyeglasses and look at the box(since I am also on a diet). People do put eggs and milk in so-called vegetarian products. I am realizing this more and more in my diet vegetarian frozen dinners. I really hate cooking so that is my big problem. Good luck, you'll never regret it.

Rebecca