addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Vegetarian & Vegan Group Message Board Food, food, yummy food! › Organic local produce

Organic local produce

A former member
Post #: 2
I am looking to participate in a local organic farmer's co-op or market here in the Atlanta area. Besides the giant heavily commercialized places like the Dekalb Farmers Market or Atlanta's State Farmers Market in Forest Park, are there any other local co-ops in Atlanta?

I did find this one website and wondered what other people's thoughts were about the ones that are listed here:

Georgia Farmers Markets
A former member
Post #: 5
Another good one is Sevananda. Check it out, you'd be pleased.
A former member
Post #: 1
I am looking to participate in a local organic farmer's co-op or market here in the Atlanta area. Besides the giant heavily commercialized places like the Dekalb Farmers Market or Atlanta's State Farmers Market in Forest Park, are there any other local co-ops in Atlanta?

I did find this one website and wondered what other people's thoughts were about the ones that are listed here:

Georgia Farmers Markets

A good site to look up CSAs and Farmer's markets is localharvest.org .

A good site to look up Georgia Organic produce: Georgiaorganics.org check out the "local food guide".

I go to the Peachtree Road Farmer's Market. I have a few farmer's there I really like, and had a CSA with one of them over the winter when the market was closed. The Farmer's Market is in the parking lot of St. Philips Cathedral on Peachtree Rd (north of Wesley Rd), and is open Saturdays from 8:30 - noon.