Sign Up Policy: As a courtesy to those signing up -- ONLY those signing up are guaranteed a spot to play. If you do not sign up or you are on the waiting list, but show up -- you will not play unless there is an open spot, e.g. someone leaves or volunteers / shares their spot.
No Show policy: A "no-show" is when you RSVP 'YES' for an event but fail to attend it. Volleyball is a team sport. Be a team player. If you are not going to be able to attend please update your RSVP and let someone else have your spot. Think of it as your responsibility to the team. No-shows hurt the group as it takes a spot away from a member who is willing to come, and prevents organizers from getting a fair headcount for their events. Individuals with three (3) no-shows will be removed from the group. No conversation, no warning and no exceptions.
This event is for Intermediate (B) level.
Please choose the level that most matches your ability. If you choose a level too high or too low you and other participants will end up disappointed. This event is for B level (you can pass, set, and hit with some consistency) and above.
B level (low intermediate) description
You can pass, set, and hit with some consistency. At a minimum, players at this level should have progressed beyond Recreational (beginner) and are more consistent with their basic skills. Players can direct and control the ball more consistently and are aware and capable of passing, setting and spiking and attempt to play 3 hit volleyball at all times. This event is for players who have previous experience playing and understand rules and all basic skills. Executing basic skills may be at times inconsistent but the effort to improve and play 3 hit volleyball is there. If the effort to play 3 hit volleyball is not there you should play Recreational.
Depending on the number of people who come out and play, we will play 2's, 3's or, 4's per side.
Cancellation policy. This event will be canceled if there is a lack of interest OR due to weather conditions no later than three hours before the event, at the discretion of the event organizer.
Rules. The Rules that we will be playing by are:
1. No open handed passing/receiving unless the ball is hard-driven
2. No carries (that includes open handed dinks or "indoor dinks")
3. No hand setting over the net
4. No double contact (a player contacts the ball twice in succession or the ball contacts
various parts of the player’s body successively)
5. No hitting the net
6. No illegal sets. The ball must be contacted cleanly and not held (including lifted, pushed, caught, carried or thrown). The ball cannot spin when you set it. Anything more than a 3/4 turn of the ball, is counted as an illegal set. Note: there is a common misconception that hand sets can be judged based on the number of rotations by the ball in the air. However, rotation of a set ball may indicate a held ball or multiple contacts during the set but in itself is not a fault.
All games are played by rally scoring. This means every mistake is a point for the other team. If you miss a serve, miss a hit, or miss a block, the other team gets a point.
Location. Cogburn Park.
Feedback. Your feedback on how to improve this meetup is encouraged and appreciated. Remember, this is for fun and no attitudes allowed. :)
See you on the grass!
This event is for Adults... age 18 and up.