addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta Business Connection Message Board Archived Discussion › Barack Obama And The Black Vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barack Obama And The Black Vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierre D.
user 4852863
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 29
Less than 1 month to go before the election of 2008. My question today is a simple one:

Should Barack Obama Just Assume He Has The Black Vote Locked Up?
A former member
Post #: 4
Peace,

In my opinion, NO. Thinking this way would be detrimental to Barack's campaign. He has kept a level, cool head and hasn't assumed anything thus far. This strategy has worked in his favor.
I am sure that there are many African-American people who actually care about how our future president will address the issues America is facing and not the color of his skin.
However, I don't deny the fact that Barack is Black has A.As glued to Cnn, MSNBC etc. I will not deny that A.A's are proud that "one of us" has made it this far.

Davie
A former member
Post #: 5
Less than 1 month to go before the election of 2008. My question today is a simple one:

Should Barack Obama Just Assume He Has The Black Vote Locked Up?

Hells Yeah! OF course he got the black vote on lock. Yo, real talk, whoever doesn't vote for Obama is stupid, straight up.

Jay
A former member
Post #: 1
Peace,

In my opinion, NO. Thinking this way would be detrimental to Barack's campaign. He has kept a level, cool head and hasn't assumed anything thus far. This strategy has worked in his favor.
I am sure that there are many African-American people who actually care about the how our future president will address the issues America is facing and not the color of his skin.
However, I don't deny the fact that Barack is Black has A.As glued to Cnn, MSNBC etc. I will not deny that A.A's are proud that "one of us" has made it this far.

Davie

You hit the nail on the head, brotha. But I just want to say that there are some Black folk who DON'T want to see other Black folk get ahead ( Can you say haterz!!!). Its the whole crab in the barrel ordeal. you know what I mean?

Stacy
A former member
Post #: 60
The real question is:

What about those morons that never voted before, that plan on showing up with Obama t-shirts on. The law says, you can't be allowed on the premises if you are wearing paraphernalia that could sway decision. These people will be asked to leave and change clothes. Will they come back???

That is the REAL fear.
A former member
Post #: 2
The real question is:

What about those morons that never voted before, that plan on showing up with Obama t-shirts on. The law says, you can't be allowed on the premises if you are wearing paraphernalia that could sway decision. These people will be asked to leave and change clothes. Will they come back???

That is the REAL fear.

As I was driving in my car today, I saw some type of cool new gadget on the inside of this woman's windshield. I thought to myself," All of this cool technology doesn't mean crap if we can't get something as simple as Electronic voting technology to work right". This country is so damn corrupt & ass backwards!

Ed Wolf
A former member
Post #: 63
You are so frikkin on point! If the voting technology was half as good as the lotto technology, we could cut down on the fraud dramatically.

How about finger-print voting? Just like the Moron Tax known as the Georgia Lottery, the state can offer licenses for local businesses to operate and supervise the scanners. You can go into a BP gas station, scan your index finger and choose your candidates. That BP station gets to be tax-free for the month of November, in exchange for operating and supervising the voters and the scanners. What business wouldn't jump on that?
A former member
Post #: 6

All of this cool technology doesn't mean crap if we can't get something as simple as Electronic voting technology to work right". This country is so damn corrupt & ass backwards!

Peace,

Kudos Estelle M. & Ed!

Estelle M. that is a very simple solution that many people would be happy with. So simple that you would think those who are in charge of that technology would come up with it themselves.

But the purpose of the Electronic ballot system is to cause confusion and allow underhanded, snake in the grass type of things to take place (i.e missing early voters' ballots in Republican states).

Davie
A former member
Post #: 3
You are so frikkin on point! If the voting technology was half as good as the lotto technology, we could cut down on the fraud dramatically.

How about finger-print voting? Just like the Moron Tax known as the Georgia Lottery, the state can offer licenses for local businesses to operate and supervise the scanners. You can go into a BP gas station, scan your index finger and choose your candidates. That BP station gets to be tax-free for the month of November, in exchange for operating and supervising the voters and the scanners. What business wouldn't jump on that?

I am all for a change in the way that voting is done. This sounds like a very feasible option to what is in place now!
A former member
Post #: 14
why not allow people to vote on their cable box and then recheck their vote themself to see if it was correct...I mean if i can pause live action with my DVR and order movies why can't I vote in the comfort of my own home. The ultimate checks and balance would be us being able to watch our vote all the way through to make sure it went to the right candidate and to make sure it was actually counted. Those without cable...sorry you gotta go to the polls.