Atlanta Business Connection Message Board Archived Discussion › Biden, Not Obama, Is The Right Man For The Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biden, Not Obama, Is The Right Man For The Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A former member
Post #: 43
This topic reminds me of that bit of dialog I was having with a woman I was seeing last year. She wanted to know why I had no interest in seeing Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? on opening night. I then replied that Tyler Perry movies are for the stupid, the poor, and the stupid poor. She got rather offended and asked me why I didn't want to just support a black man on the rise in the film industry. I told her that I like Thomas Carter's work on Save the Last Dance. I enjoyed Gina Bythewood's Disappearing Acts and Love & Basketball. I mentioned that I like the directing style of F. Gary Gray and Terrence Blanchard has scored every Spike Lee film that was made. She said 'huh?' and went about her business.

Listen people. We all should judge. We all should profile. We don't all like TP movies. We should voice that. We're not all attracted to nappy head chicks. We should voice that. The day we become a monolith group of people is the day progression comes to a screeching halt. If we can critique the Clintons, we should be able to critique the Obamas, and enjoy full immunity to all 'crab syndrome' replies.

And by the way. Let me ask this bold question. The last group of people that called you a sellout or a crab in a barrel...

...close your eyes.
...take a deep breath.
...and ask yourself.

Are these people all millionaires? Are they a success in life? NO!! They are miserable and poor. So why are you placing credibility in their words?

Thank you.
Let's all judge. Let's all profile.
A former member
Post #: 44
By the way, Pierre. Congratulations on your first 2 page topic. You beat me to the punch and I hate you for that.
A former member
Post #: 7
Obama and Biden are the right men for the job.

I disagree with the opinion that voting for Obama is voting for the wrong one.
At least millions agree with me.

Great opinions and passions now its time to act.
Please go out and vote for the right man OBAMA 09!
AntonioBlog.com
antonioblog.com
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 81
I'd have to agree with Pierre... Biden is more "qualified" to be President... However, I truly think he would have gotten his ass kicked by McCain.

I think Obama is the only Dem that has a remote chance of beating McCain. Similar to how Kennedy beat Nixon in '60. Lyndon Johnson had no chance of beating Nixon, but Kennedy's charm & charisma (similar to Obama's) won't over the hearts of the 'people'.

Fact still remains... Obama is running for Pres and Biden is his VP. As a TEAM I think they'll do some great things. Comparatively as a team, McCain and Palin are about a qualified as Mutt & Jeff.

Pedro For President!!
A former member
Post #: 8
Educational Background:

Barack Obama:
Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a
Specialization in
International Relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Joseph Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in
Political Science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor
(J.D.)

vs.

John McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Sarah Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in
Journalism
&g t;
Education isn't everything, but this is about the
two highest offices in
the land as well as our standing in the world. You
make the call

A former member
Post #: 46
I can see Russia from parts of Alaska.
A former member
Post #: 5
The main issue for most americans is that the republicans had been running the government for the last 8 years and since we have gone to war, our economy is falling a part and the unemployment rate has reached new heights. Do we really want more of this? My answer is NO. Electing McCain and Palin is asking to get more of the last 8 years.

Let be real about Mccain selecting Palin. She was selected because she is a women. There is nothing in her background that would make her a compareable candidate. This move was made because Obama didn't select Clinton. Do you really want this soccer mom running the government if something happened to Mccain.

The good thing about this election is it has people talking and taking it very seriously. I went to go vote on friday and the line was out in the parking lot and there was a no stop flow of people. Beautiful!!!
A former member
Post #: 47
John McCain could have sealed the election by picking Condoleeza Rice as his running mate. Women would be flocking to the Republican Party by the truck loads.

There would be no question whether she could run the country should McCain buy it before 2012.
A former member
Post #: 6
I totally agree with you. The republicans could have chose a host of better candidates with less drama connected to them and more experience.

I have a problem with a mother pushing her daugther to get married because she got pregnant. This is old school. I would have rather seen the family say they were going to help raise their grandchild and ensure their daughter completed her education verses put the emphasis on her getting married. To add insult to injury now another man has stepped and claimed to be the father.

We need to make sure we focus on who is best qualified for the job. In my opinion the democratic team has the republican team out gunned.
Leroy B.
cmmlcapital
Duluth, GA
Post #: 2
I would venture to say that we picked the right one. I would have to admit that it took me a minute to fully grasp everything you said because much like the media, your comments were very shoddy and scattered. But after careful analysis it appears as though your comments can be broken down into two general questions: 1) is Barack right for America, 2) is Barack right for Black America?

In reference to your first question. Barack is definitely right for America. As a fellow business leader, I would feel as though you understand the traits of a good leader. Leadership characteristics are defined in different ways however concensus would say that leadership is the ability for one to effectively bring people together to reach a defined common goal. Internationally and domestically, Barack has been able to garner the necessary support, respect and motivation to get people to move in a common direction as noted by the primary election and his 6% - 8% spread over McCain/Palin.

In reference to your second question. Barack is definitely right for Black America; however I would preface this based upon the fact of the remaining three choices. In light of his public service as a community leader, I feel as though he not only understands the needs of the Black community but has the most compassion for Black America. However, I may be different. I don't expect the president to change my personal race relations. I think that is more weight than any one man or position is responsible for. We have already had the dream implanted within us. Martin Luther King, Jr. provided us with the pathways to understand that change is possible if you believe and are willing to stand morally. What does that mean, as a black individual with all the many roles I have (father, husband, son, brother, nephew, business owner, etc.) I must represent myself according to God's standard. As MLK said, let them judge me individually by the content of my character. With that in mind, when I look at Barack and his family, I am encouraged. I am encouraged that my daughters will marry someone like Barack and my son will marry someone like Michelle.

You made a statement that Biden is Irish. Not sure what that means to you. However, right now we need to stay engergized. Even if he does/doesn't become president, we still need to stay engergized and motivated for change. This not a card game and Barack is not the Ace of Spades. Regardless of who wins, take care of house financially, educationally, and spiritually.