|Sent on:||Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:57 AM|
AMUG Next General Meeting
When: Tuesday, Nov. 20, 7 p.m.
Program: Website Creation & Maintenance Best Practices
Presenter: Christina Wellman
Location: North Fulton Co. Annex, 7741 Roswell Rd., Sandy Springs, GA 30350
Greetings! After 28 years our computer user group remains strong. If you like us, we'd love to have you as a member. Dues are $35 a year and you can pay either on our website (http://www.amugonline.org) or by seeing our treasurer, David McMorran, at the meetings.
In other news, the Mac web folder idea I showed at the October meeting was a hit. Below are the instructions again:
How To Create A Folder of Mac Web Sites On Your Handheld Device
1) You can turn any website into an icon on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Simply navigate to a website and then hit the little box and arrow icon at the bottom of your screen.
2) Next, hit the button that says "Add to Home Screen."
3) Go to a couple of Mac websites and create icons.
4) Drag one icon on top of the other and it automatically creates a folder. Name your folder "Websites."
5) Collect your Mac websites in the folder. Among my favorites are "Mac Rumors," "9to5 Mac," and "Gizmodo." These sites and most others will automatically detect your handheld device and format themselves to fit, which is very nice!
6) Check this folder daily for all the latest Mac news and gossip.
I find these sites so good that I will probably let my magazine subscriptions expire. While I enjoy Macworld and Mac|Life, I find myself reading the magazines less and visiting the websites more.
— Todd Daniel