😀😀 WHO ARE THE AUCKLAND BOOMERS? 😀😀😀
• We've raised our kids, done the hard yards, paid our dues and now it's time to get our lives back! It's too easy to come home at the end of the day and fall on the couch in front of the TV (and wake up some time later!) so we need to make some new friends in the same generation and share experiences, memories, laugh at the funny things we used to do and make some new memories as well! We grew up in one of the most fun times ever and sometimes it's just great to be able to talk about those years with others who went through them!
• Auckland Boomers is a social group for those born before and up to 1964 (true baby boomers are those born between 1946 and 1964 but we have earlier models as well!) We welcome single people as well as those with a partner. Please note this is not the group for you if you are just looking for a relationship.
• When you apply to join us we will require a recent photo please. We prefer you to use just your first name.
• The annual subscription is $12, i.e. $1 per month. The year runs from April - March, so fees are payable during the first week of April each year. Please use your first name and month/year of joining as reference, e.g. SueOct13. If you can't remember when you joined you will find it on your profile page. The account number is ASB 12 3069 0124646 54. If you join in May you will only need to deposit $11 and then the full $12 next April, in June $10 then $12 next April and so on. Please confirm when you have done this.
• We're not about rules but we do ask two things:
1. Please treat others with respect and give them a warm welcome when they join. It's not easy to come along to an event for the first time. However this is a safe environment for those on their own and we consider our group to be a friendly and accepting bunch of people.
2. If you change your mind about attending an event after you have said you will come, please change your RSVP to No. It's not enough to just post on that page that you're not coming. No-shows are a no-no! Three no-shows and membership is revoked. It's only happened two or three times and we're pretty understanding if there's a good explanation.
• Every two months, on a Saturday morning at 10.30am, there will be a get together for those who have joined in the previous two months. This will be held at the Remuera Golf Club, Abbotts Way. It will enable you to meet other new members, learn about the group and meet Jan, the Organiser, Dale the Co-Organiser and some of the Event Hosts if they are available. If by chance you are attending a meetup on that day just advise Jan and you can come along to the next one. The coffee is good and you are also able to try some of the delicious food available, from a sandwich or muffin to a hot meal.
• You only need to go to an event you choose. There is no pressure to go to anything. If however, after 6 months someone has not been to a meetup they may be considered an inactive member (this is Meetup.com’s interpretation) and taken off the list of members.
• Please feel free to suggest an event if you have something you would particularly like to do and contact Jan who will set it up. You may be asked to be the Event Host for this event which is quite simple and will be explained to you at the time.
• Guests are permitted but encouraged to become a member after they have had two guest attendances.
• You do NOT need to RSVP if you are not attending. Unless you change your mind when you will need to change your RSVP to No as mentioned above.
• You will receive quite a few automatically generated emails, for example when a new event is set up, so you are aware of what is happening. You can opt out of these emails by going to ‘My Profile’ (top right) and then ‘Email and Notifications’. You can then tick or untick what you wish or do not wish to have sent to you. Members belonging to more than one group can end up with a myriad of emails which can be a nuisance. I don’t want that to happen.
So, welcome to the Boomers! We look forward to meeting you!